Brits

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Steve, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Radio 1 seems to be doing some form of warm up to the Brit awards by playing British hits. I have to say this is the most painful listening I have ever encountered, classic's like The Jam and The Who mixed with the Spice Girls and Busted! Its like being in a resteraunt, having 2 great dishes then being given luke warm semolina for pudding but over and over again.

2. rutty

rutty Active Member

You mean, rather than inserting Franz Ferdinand or Arctic Monkeys in amongst rubbish like Son of Dork or <insert generic girl/boy band here>? Situation normal for Radio 1, though I have enjoyed re-listening to some great tracks from the likes of Pulp and Blur over the last couple of days. Great to listen to Common People and Parklife again :)

3. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Radio One's like that all the time, today's no different. It's just all British bands!

4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Well at least for the next few days it doesn't feature the usual crowd of shouty Americans bragging about being shot :rolleyes:

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

Take That followed by The Rolling Stones!!! really now :S

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Tsk Rolling Stones. You'd think they'd have the decency to follow Lord Barlow's music with something decent...

7. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

LOL.. good thread! How about Dave Brubeck followed by The Who?.... omg, we dod that at last night's concert! :eek:

8. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

sounds like my wife's iPod on shuffle :frown:

9. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

I'm quite enjoying it at the moment, although admittedly there have been some quite...err...'enlightening' combinations!!

Nice to hear the tunes from the good old days (well, mid 90's).

10. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

[can of worms]

For what it's worth I've hated 'Brit pop' for some considerable amount of time but at least in the most part they are actually playing instruments rather than pressing a couple of buttons on a keyboard/computer and calling it music like many of these 'dance' artists do. Yes I know I'm getting old but I've had that opinion since before I was old!!
    [/can of worms]

I'm not a particularly big fan of James Blunt but I have just found out that a bloke I've known for ages is his keyboard player!!!

Puss

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    listening
    Radio 1
    awards
    Brit
    British