British Trombone Society

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tricky_trombone, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Calling all trombone players!!!

Having had a meeting with other people from the BTS on saturday morning at RNCM festival of brass, I was wondering how many of you on here are members and what you find good about it. And if you're not, what is it that is putting you off from joining?!

Matt

2. Bones

Bones Member

HI Matt,

As the Midlands Regional Rep for the BTS, any comments you collate good or bad would be gratefully received. Anything that you manage to pull together I'll ensure is fed back into the Executive for discussion.

From my perspective, joining the BTS gives me an opportunity to network at the BTS event days which are being coordinated around the country. A look on the BTS website will advise when the next one is in your Area.

Any questions, PM me.

Cheers

Rich Walker

3. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Yep I'm a mamber of the BTS and ITA

I would suggest all bone players join....

Looking forward to the end of feb and the da y with Ian Bousefield and the Vienna trombone section......

4. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I am a Member of the BTS Forum (HT7 at your service)
    But haven't ever joined the BTS itself.

I suppose I should, but every time it comes along I have no money to spare.

Being a lowly student I struggle to put food on my table, just isn't financially feasible for me at the moment

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm also a member of the Forum, and keep an eye on the website to see what is going on, but as I don't currently play trom I don't feel I can justify the expense involved in joining the BTS itself.

6. RonBarnes

RonBarnes Member

I'm a member of the BTS and I like it because it covers a number of topics peculiar to trombone players which are not necessarily covered on tmp forums.
    Also, the regional events which the society arranges are worth every penny of the membership fee, eg, - a day with Ian Bousfield and the VPO trombones - for free!!