British Open Solo Champs

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by PowerRanger, Nov 6, 2005.

1. PowerRanger

PowerRanger Member

Anybody goty any results from todays comp.?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    British
    Open Solo Champs
    goty
    results
  3. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I came 8th in the inermediate section. Bit gutted but hey, thats how it goes! :)

Good luck to the 5 in the final! :):clap:

4. anyone know when the results are out for todays open ??

thanks

5. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

from 4barsrest

The British Open Solo & Quartet Championships have been taking place at Hyde Town Hall.
    Phillip Dias, Solo Trombone of Wingates is the newly-crowned British Open Champion. Runner-up was another trombone player, Gregor Stewart of Bo'ness & Carriden whilst third place went to Nick Ost (Euphonium) of Brass Band Willebroek.

Phillip nows goes on to represent the UK at the Ern Keller Instrumental Competition in Australia next February.

Within the Senior Solo Preliminaries earlier in the day, the British Open Individual Champions were declared. They are as follows:

Jef Vermelren, Soprano/Bb Cornet (Young Brass Band Willebroek)
    Rosie Pearce, Flugel/Eb Horn (Australia)
    Nick Ost, Baritone/Euphonium (Brass Band Willebroek)
    Duncan Wilson, Trombone (Travelsphere Holidays)
    Toshiyuki Niizuma, Bass (Hepworth)

The Senior Quartet Champions are Carlton Main with Tongwynlais Temperance Silver in second place and Cosy Brass Quartet (Willebroek) in third.

The Intermediate Slow Melody Final was won by Ben Hirons (Bb Cornet) from Boarshurst, whilst Peter Moore from Dobcross Silver on trombone took the Junior Slow Melody title.

Finally, the Junior Quartet Title went to Dobcross Youth 'D' with Shirland 'A' in second and Ipper Rhonda in Third.

A Review of the day's proceedings will appear on 4BR later on this week.

6. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Did anyone hear the final? I would be interested to hear how Kirsty Rowe played. She is a fantastic baritone player!

7. BBBfYBS

BBBfYBS Member

Other than kirsty's 4th valve sticking down several times during her performance, kirsty played very well, fantastic range and sound, got a bit worried as i had to follow her on, she could be a great asset to English banding if she ever decided to come over.

8. Syrup

Syrup Member

Anyone got any comments on this contest? I wasn't there so can't comment myself. Its all gone quiet on this thread.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on why no cornet players got anywhere (apart from perhaps not playing well enough)?

Congratulations to Toshi on winning the Bass prize again.

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

10. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Well done to Phillip Dias, good luck in Australia 2006!

Cheers

Alex Kerwin

11. Steve

Steve Active Member

A huge well done to Duncan Wilson on defending his trombone title.

Being from a midlands band I doubt many have had the chance to hear Duncan in all his glory and I assure you he is one heck of a bone player and a jolly nice chap to boot.

Check him out next time Travelsphere are in town.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    British
    Open Solo Champs
    goty
    results