British Open Solo and Quartet chapionships

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by GingerMaestro, Sep 1, 2006.

1. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Can anyone tell me when they open the gates to enter the above contest

And can anyone explain to me what they mean in the rules when they say that for the pre qualifying contest you only play an excerpt of your chosen piece no longer than 7 Mins what if the piece you have chosen is only 4 or 5 mins in total

2. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I received my entry form in the post months ago (because I was in it last year) so you should be able to enter now. If your piece is only 4 or 5 minutes long then you can play the whole thing, it's just for those who have selected pieces that are longer than the 7 minute limit so they know they are allowed to make "cuts" or play excerpts in the first round. Think you are then allowed 12 minutes in the final.

3. steve_r

steve_r Member

If the piece you are playing is less than the time limit then thats fine just play it

If its over, then you must make sure you do not play over the time limit or you will be disqualified.

Time yourself at home and cut out some repeats or something.

Steve

4. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Excellent Cheers guys Hopefully see you there if you are going this year:tup