British Open 2016 Predictions

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by ari01, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ari01

ari01 Active Member

Pretty quiet all round considering this is on Saturday.....

Any thoughts anyone? Or any thoughts on the piece / venue?

2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Beer will be shockingly over priced !

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

stevetrom, tat and Slider1 like this.
  3. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Unless you walk 5 minutes to the Weatherspoons

davidsait and Bass Man like this.
  4. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

But as we all know, unless you are an under 25 female with big wotsits and a short skirt you will wait to be served untill all the under 25 female's with big wotsits and a short skirts have been served, chatted up, served again, and ogled by the young male staff. I have never found it as hard to get served anywhere Weatherspoons realy are the pits !

5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Very interesting piece from Mr. Graham and apparently sold out again so it should be a good day for those able to get inside. It will be interesting to see how Wellington and Willebroek rise to the occasion also Foden's reunited with Bram Tovey. Does anyone know why it's not recorded and sold on WoB as with the National finals? Oh! Sorry, I'm off topic; just realized this thread is about beer and not the contest :)

stevetrom likes this.
  6. euphantastic

euphantastic New Member

Willebroek will win
    Cory 2nd
    Dyke 3rd

7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

you've seen how I dress at the weekends then!

Ianroberts likes this.
  8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

B&R sounded good the other night. I'm sure Willebroek will be in the prizes. If I was a betting man I'd be putting 50p on Zoe Hancock to win the soloist prize and Cory to win the big cheeseboard. I don't understand the piece but it has a few tunes in it, lots of notes and a big finish so I'm sure it'll be well received in the hall. The hall is glorious but part of me will always think the contest should be in Manchester. The results ceremony will take a dog's age, as usual. At least two bands will have been robbed by teatime on Saturday.

That concludes the predictions of the Kirkheaton Jury...

Euphonium Lite likes this.
  9. ilovespheres

ilovespheres Member

After last night's rehearsal - Cory, in my opinion, will certainly be the band to beat. Technically they were immense, but who knows, there's some great bands in the contest tomorrow.