British Open 2012

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Matt the Baritone, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Anyone heard any rumours on the test piece selection for British Open? :p

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    :P
    British Open
    rumours
    test piece selection
  3. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

It's a new piece isn't it

4. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Announced at Spring Festival??

5. davejenkins

davejenkins Member

Who's going to this?

6. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Do you mean bands? it will be last year's line up, minus Tongwynlais and Hepworth, plus the top two from this year's Grand Shield.
    If you mean audience, that all depends on what the test piece is!

7. That is of course assuming that neither indeed qualify from the Grand shield themselves.

And i think there was a rumour that Gregson was supposed to be writing one. Symphony for brass band or something. I could be wildy wrong mind.

8. well funnily enough, Mr Gregson is currently writitng a big work for the National Youth Brass Band of Wales. Hmmmm.

9. Thats right cez, Ryan here btw. It's also being used for NYBBGB, as their 60th anniversary piece. Hope annies feeling better too!

10. Had a feeling it was you bud! yeah shes wicked now home so just settling back in, its being used for our 30th anniversary i think, catch you in the brangwyn fella.

11. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Assume makes an ass...... yes, either of those bands is capable of coming in the top 2 in the Shield, I just didn't see the point in complicating a simple explanation ;-)

And back to topic and the original question, I will definitely be trying to get to Brum if its a new Gregson piece. I thought he was done writing test pieces, it would be great if he comes up with a new one!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    :P
    British Open
    rumours
    test piece selection