Britain's Got Talent

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by alangiff3, Apr 13, 2009.

1. alangiff3

alangiff3 Member

Any Idea which brass band has decided to enter this? On April 11th 2009 on 'Britains Got More Talent' showing on ITV there was a group of brass banders hovering in the background in a waiting room whilst another interview was taking place!

I have captured an image and it can be seen by clicking the link below
  2. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Spooky!! R u doing a cunning plug? Considering the unforms in the pic look scarily like the ones in ur avatar........:eek: Another conspiracy theory!!!
  3. leisa

leisa Active Member

Wasn't it easington?? I didnt see it but someone mentioned to me a while ago that they were doing it
  4. leisa

leisa Active Member

Yeah after looking at the link thing I am pretty sure its them
  5. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Yea i'm almost certain it's Easington as I know they are doing it and that looks like Dennis Todd in the picture.
  6. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Look out for this guy, Ben Holder, who's supposed to be on BGT this year. He once did a gig with our trombone player who dragged us to a local pub to see him. He's awsome - which probably means he will last about 30 seconds. This video is of an impromptu jam session at a Django Rheinhart festival in France.
  7. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Anything half decent wont get much aired on BGT. TG I dont watch that!
  8. still learnin

still learnin Member

If they do include a brass band in a programme how do you think the judges will react?

Will Amanda Holden well up with emotion?

Will Piers Morgan be amazed at the unexpected talent displayed by such a mottley bunch?

Will Simon Cowell, after hitting his button five bars into the piece, cast his eyes skyward and say "come on guys, what's different about that, there are hundreds of people up and down the country that can play assorted trumpets"?

How should a band perform and what should they play to have a decent chance?

"All Night Long" a la Brighouse on YouTube ?
  9. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I'd like to see a top band go on there. That way, when the judges say 'you're no good', it will be irrefutable proof of what a pile of **** these programs are.
  10. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

All plans on what the band decided to do and play. Its an entertainment programme, which I think is funny and brilliant.

Just because they are a top brass band, dosen't mean they should automaticly go through to the next round (and win of course.);)
  11. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

That's definately Easington
  12. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Britain's got TALENT. So surely the most talented band in Britain should get through?

either that or they change the name of the programme to 'Simon Cowell's cash cow' or 'Britain's got talent, but unfortunately a lot of it doesn't make good TV, so we'll ignore some of them'

Ah well, I can't stand the X-factor type things but each to their own I guess.
  13. 007ish

007ish Member

14. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Britain's Got Talent, The X Factor, Soap-*******-star Super-*******-star...

All worthless piles of bile full of idiots who wouldn't know talent if it jumped up and slapped them in the face. The X Factor in particular is full of complete idiots who act up for the camera and make stupid 'X' shapes with their hands to show that they're 'cool'. All it in fact proves is that they have a worrying lack of brain cells.

ITV only put them on because they're probably cheaper than decent programming. And they want to axe Heartbeat...

Money grabbing ********.

15. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

:biggrin: Susan from the village ROCKS!!!! :biggrin:
  16. theflyingscot

theflyingscot New Member

I can confirm it was Easington!! And a top band did send a tape in.... It starts with an F !!!!!!
  17. StellaJohnson

Its not money grabbing but viewer grabbing. If people aint watching it, then its axed. More people watch Britains got talent then heartbeat
  18. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Quite right. Fartbeat has never been the same since Nick Berry left..... and it was rubbish then.......... :biggrin::clap:
  19. leisa

leisa Active Member

I hate heartbeat, I also hate midsummer murders and inspector morse type things
  20. StellaJohnson

The rubbish decayed considerably when claude greengrass left. :D