Brit awards 25- Hot or Not?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Cornishwomble, Feb 11, 2005.

?

Brit awards 25- Hot or Not??

1. Hot

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. Not

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

What did everyone think of the Brit awards this year and did anyone watch it last night?

I thought they were great! Chris Evens was back on form the live music was excellent nd I thought that the state of British music was shown to be in top form!

Hardly any mention of Boy/Girl bands or X-Factor/ Pop Idols! Real good acts and bands!

And are the Scissor sisters bonkers or what?

2. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I thought it was the best one for years. As Roy said, it was good to see no boy band/pop idol type rubbish. Scissor Sisters, Robbie Williams & Joss Stone, Keane, Franz Ferdinand, Lemarr & Jamelia all brilliant performances. And yes, the Scissor Sisters are most definately a bit mad! :clap:

3. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I think it would have been a lot better if my dad hadn't told me who'd won everything before I watched it! I could have killed him! From now on I'm telling him the football results before he sees them.

Jamie Cullum should have won something...

4. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Joss Stone - Brilliant singer, and altough it isn't my cup of tea, deserves the award. Another thing is that she is very down to earth and not a prima donna like other solo female singers. Well worth her brace of awards.

Franz Ferdinand - Didn't like them to start, they then grew on me, now I'm getting bored of them again. I don't think their album is one that I could listen to over and over again becuase most of the tracks are nearly identical. Maybe worth one award, in my opinion, two is pushing it a bit!

Scissor Sisters - A brilliant band who not only can produce a brilliant stage routine, but have a variety of different style of music they can call upon from the slow melodic Mary to the poppy upbeat Comfortably Numb. A little known fact is the keyboard player is the son of the I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue star, Grahame Garden.

Keane - A brilliant band who have been going a while, but have only risen to the fore over the past year. I think that they would have only just beaten Snow Patrol to the prize of British album, because they are both in my opinion, equally as good.

One thing that this year Brits has shown is the emergence of new British music. Long may it continue!

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Couldn't watch it on Thursday due to a combination of a Martin Shaw liking wife and Band practice, so I recorded the late night repeat last night and watched it today.

I've seen every one since the infamous Mick Fleetwood / Sam Fox debacle ( I might have watched a few before but unsurprisingly that is the first I can remember) and this year's was the best I can remember. The live acts were all great but the Scissor Sisters were fantastic, as was Bob Geldof - I'd forgotten what great songs "I don't like Mondays" and "Ratpack" were.

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

That is so weird Ian! I recorded it as well and watched it tonight! Best one in years ...... agree with you re. Scissor Sisters and Geldof - but I thought Keane were superb as well.

Good job Franz Ferdinand didn't win 'Best Live Act' after that performance eh? ;)

7. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Robbie Williams and Angel - the best song in 25 years.. :eek: ... they are having a ****ing laugh aint they!

8. WoodenFlugel

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well apparently that was "improved by editing" for TV so I can only imagine what the live performance was like. Mind you (claim to fame time) I heard Oasis at the Princess Charlotte in Leicester before they became big and they were shocking!

9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Didnt watch it this year.. but heard very good feedback from people and radio etc.....

10. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yeah - but they weren't nominated for 'Best Live Act' at the time were they? ;)

I forgot to say earlier that one thing that reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally annoyed me was the bloke announcing the nominations! Who was he? Clearly dug up from the deepest depths of hospital radio.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    everyone
    anyone
    music
    state
    British
  12. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

:clap: It was ok

13. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

The performance by the Scissor Sisters was brilliant. Put a great big smile on my face.

I like Franz Ferdinand but they were tripe live as was (and always is) Gwen Stefani, (fast-forward at 30x on Sky+ at that moment).

Bob Geldof did write some good songs but he cant sing for toffee. Sounded more like Vic Reeves singing in the 'club style'.

Joss Stone was great and I think she will become a big star.

Igg

14. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Wasn't it Matt Lucas?

Igg

15. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Could have been worse, Will Young was also nominated.

And it was Mat Lucas doing the voice overs, not "that man" from hospital radio!

16. WoodenFlugel

I think Matt Lucas was trying to be ironic - but he ended up annoying the t**s off me. And what was with that "Kylie Min-a-goo" pronounciation??? Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

17. dyl

dyl Active Member

Well, imo, 'that man' from hospital radio would have been better! ;)

18. Heather

Heather Member

I thought the Brits were excellent, apart from Robbie Williams. I like his songs but who does he think he is?? Gets on my nerves.
    Keane were superb!!!!! ...as usual.