Brilliant Rehearsal!!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BassBlaster, May 25, 2004.

1. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

I`ve just come back from a brilliant rehersal with my band Wotton, some nights you could just play past pub closing and beyond.
    I played with a first section band last week in a park job, but it wasn`t a patch on the playing tonight, we are only a 3rd section band.
    Isn`t it strange, I have played in all sections, but sometimes whatever standard, the band starts to click, I can see it happening to us and it`s a great feeling.
    I just had to tell someone and it happened to be you. :D :D :D
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

What a great post...:) It's fab to hear that your band is starting to come together... good luck to you in anything you enter and thanks for supporting tMP...
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Its great when you have a good rehearsal and don't want to stop (even thought the pub is calling), I've really enjoy my last few rehearsals......they've just been good and enjoyable! (I suppose you can have some praise Mr Thorne :D )
  4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I think Super_Sop's choice of shirts have something to do with it :shock:

:lol: :lol:
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

What? You mean to say he actually chose to wear that shirt? :roll:

Sorry for going off-topic! Won't do it again! ;)
  6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Well I suppose they add to the entertainment but generally...they just hurt my eyes! (Incidentally, lovely picture Mr S Sop....but is it just me or does it look like a mini me?(not me as in mini me, but as in mini Craig :? ))
  7. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

We're starting to have a fe of those sorts of rehearsals ourselves down here. We're only a small band, and with exam time fast approaching,y ou can bet that attendance will be rather low. However, we've been playing a lot of exciting music (they made me pull out Hootenanny!!!! :oops: :? ) and as such the sound is still continuing to improve post-contest, which is what I hoped for!!
  8. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

When I'm playing well, the last thing I want to do is stop! Unfortunately, when I'm not playing well, all I want to do is relax with a pint! It's a mixed bag. :)
  9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member need to stay off of the drugs.

No band I've ever seen is worth playing after pub closing!!
  10. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Well tonight I am just as happy, I played with the 1st section band, afore mentioned. We played Pagannininininini Variations, now I am knackered after practising marches for Whit Friday as well.
    Hey Ho, Band tomorrow again, this is fun!. :D
  11. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Oo I'm so glad I'm not the only person that gets "after-band" highs. :D

I'm covering on flugel for a few weeks and after my first rehearsal on flugel I was smiling for days afterwards!!! (Back to reality now as the gig on Sunday approaches though.. :? ).

Band is one of the things that makes life worth living :D
  12. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Great thread this one!

On a slightly different tack we had a fantastic concert on saturday and for a relatively new band to have a complete sell out and standing ovation at the end was pure magic!

I couldn't wait to get back to rehearsal on Monday, as conductor i feared some post concert blues and perhaps a few skipping rehearsal but no the place was buzzin.

this band lark is just brilliant! :D
  13. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

We had a good one too last night. Including the comedy moment from one of our Eb bass players (Ade, those of you who know him will find this even more funnier) played a C instead of an E at the start of the soprano cornet solo Memory. Made even more funnier by the fact he didn't realise until our sop player started playing... :lol:
    All good fun though! :D
  14. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Went to band again tonight, the percussion player unlocked bandroom, we had a chat, when it got to 7.45 and there was still only the 2 of us, we decided to ring band manager. Turns out I had a message left on my phone saying, BAND WAS CANCELLED!!! AAARGGGH. But I did not get it, because I was busy checking out TMP`s website.
    Does this mean that TMP gives me petrol money, on the other hand, tonight at rehearsal, Bass and percussion were perfect, all other sections, not one wrong note was played.
    :D :D :D .