Brighton Bands Return Triumphant

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by BrightonHove, Mar 18, 2008.

1. BrightonHove

BrightonHove Member

Brighton & Hove City Brass Band took part this weekend in the London & Southern Counties Regional Championship in Stevenage and along with Hangleton Band scooped two out of the three top places in their Section. This means that both bands go on to represent the county at the National Brass Band finals in September.

Musical Director Matthew Hackett, who has been at the helm for just 23 months, had nothing but praise and admiration for the band. "Qualification to the National Brass Band Finals in Harrogate has excited every member of the band; it's a brilliant achievement. I cannot fault the performance on the day and am so proud, they were superb on stage."

The band last qualified for the National Finals in 2003 and 1998. Matthew is determined to break the five year gap between qualifications and hopes to continue to drive the band on to future success. Which means the band are straight back in to contest mode starting rehearsals for the upcoming contest in their home town of Hove on 6th April and then an Entertainments contest at The Hawth, Crawley in May. Matthew continues, "We are constantly striving to improve our standards of performance and this result has given us a massive boost. We realise the hard work will start soon in preparing for the Finals in September but I fully expect the band to rise to the occasion and put on an equally good show."

The band will also be performing a concert to raise funds for the Rocking Horse Appeal in St Bartholomews Church on the 14th June, tickets available from the Dome box office or from the band through their website at
  2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

3. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Well done people!! Good luck at harrogate to!!
  4. dread0

dread0 New Member

Didn't get to hear the band play, although I was there at Stevenage in time to - was probably rehearsing for our 7:45pm performance of JC ...

Well done to all concerned at B&HCB and all the very best for October,

5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

October :eek::eek::eek::eek: !!!!!

Thanks for all your 'well dones'