Brighouse secure King

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by cbridge, Jan 24, 2009.

1. cbridge

cbridge Member

The Brighouse and Rastrick Band are pleased to announce that they have secured the musical services of Professor David King to lead the band as their Professional Conductor.

President of B&R, Paul Beaumont commented:

“Brighouse and Rastrick are delighted to be able to announce our new association with Professional Conductor Professor David King.

B&R is entering a new chapter in our musical pursuits and securing this new partnership with a musician of Professor King’s stature represents a major strategic step in the band’s immediate and long term musical plans”.

David King’s acceptance of the Brighouse & Rastrick invitation will commence in April and comes after a two year break from professional conducting in the British brass band scene. He is also Director of National Australia Brass and currently working globally as an advisory consultant and artist for Yamaha Music.

John Ingman
    Publicity Officer
    Brighouse and Rastrick Band
    24/1/2009

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David King
    King
    B&R
    Brighouse
    Rastrick Band
  3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Great to have Proff. King back in the UK banding scene. Nice work boys, that's gonna be a combination to watch out for.

4. David Mann

David Mann Member

Now that's what I call Shock Big Name news! Great to see Prof. King back, what a fantastic musician.

5. deave

deave Member

Great news!!

6. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

Fantastic work by Paul and the team at B&R....great news indeed

7. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

Wow, The return of the king, fantastic news.

8. leisa

leisa Active Member

wahey!

9. markyboy

markyboy Member

I was starting to wonder if David King would ever take another band again , after all he just about did it all with YBS .

This isn't just great news for Brighouse , but for banding in general, when we seem to have had quite a bit of bad news here and there over the last few months .

Welcome back !

10. PowerRanger

PowerRanger Member

Fantastic for Brighouse :clap:.........The only downside for the banding world, he will be missed as an adjudicator at the big contests!

Looking forward to seeing B&R on top again :tup

11. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Wow thats one to come out of the blue! Great news for B&R I'll be watching their progress with interest.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David King
    King
    B&R
    Brighouse
    Rastrick Band
  13. weenie

weenie Member

As Bananarama once said, I heard a rumour, but dismissed it in all honesty! And there was me thinking Mr. King had become an Aussie surf dude! As Markboy said though, it's great to have some good positive news on here for a change.

Nice one B&R!!

14. mozart

mozart Member

How do Gary Cutt and Alan Morrison fit into that scenario ?

15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Great news for Brighouse, and great to have Mr. King back in British banding.

I wonder if the all-male policy at Brighouse will continue under his leadership though? ;)

16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

You mean Professor King ;). This can only be good news for Brighouse, the man is amazing! Good luck to everyone involved.

17. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Garry is just taking them for the area, nothing more. Alan is resident.

I have no doubts whatsoever that it will. He's just there for contests remember, it's not his band like ybs was.

18. critic

critic Member

a good point. although i am sure he will rattle a few cages he will be a big influence on the band in more ways than one a top musician

19. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Great news to hear at last! May I wish the Brighouse & Rastrick Band and Professor David King all the best for the future.

Any cds coming forth from this partneship would would worth watching out for.

Best of luck!

20. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

I wonder how Shaun Crowther, Roger Webster and Ian Shires fit into this...

Any roumers yet ???

21. PowerRanger

PowerRanger Member

They don't Jacob! ;)

22. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Now that would be interesting. Perhaps he's a big enough personality to tell them that he wants the best band available to him sitting on stage. Rather like Graham Souness did at Rangers, he could sweep years of discrimination away. A great appointment and I will certainly be watching Brighouse results with some interest.