Brighouse & Rastrick confirm Concert date in Rhyl

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by del thomas, Jun 13, 2007.

1. del thomas

del thomas New Member

Brighouse & Rastrick confirm concert date at

The Rhyl Pavilion Theatre in September

The World-Famous Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band will be visiting North Wales later this year. The band has confirmed a concert date at the Rhyl Pavilion for this September which promises to be a fantastic night in the presence of a band that can claim to be members of Brass Banding royalty. The band will be playing their first concert in Rhyl and indeed North Wales for many years and marks a welcome return to the Pavilion Theatre for arguably the most famous Brass Band in the world.

Brighouse & Rastrick are the current ‘Brass in Concert’ Champions, a title they lifted at The Sage in Gateshead and a fitting end to 2006 and the bands’ 125th Anniversary celebrations. That competition not only tests musical ability but also entertainment value hence giving the B & R Band the title of being the most entertaining Band in the UK. In February 2007 the Band became Yorkshire area Champions which is no mean feat in the hotbed of Brass Banding where the likes of Black Dyke and Grimethorpe Colliery bands both hail from.

Over the past 125 years the men in purple and gold have promoted Brighouse and Rastrick Band around the globe with hundreds of musicians, young and old, helping to earn the reputation the world famous brass band enjoys.

B & R has won many titles and trophies during its history, and these have helped to project the band into the world spotlight. However, it was the hit recording of the ‘Floral Dance’ with Terry Wogan that saw the Brighouse & Rastrick Band get to number 2 in the charts making them a household name, deservedly earning the band the title of ‘One of Yorkshire’s most famous exports’ and for which it won both Silver and Gold Discs for massive record sales, gaining the band both tremendous national and international acclaim.

The concert has been arranged by the former Director of the Rhyl Festival of BrassDel Thomas who commented ‘it is great to bring such a fantastic band to North Wales in what will be a fantastic occasion. We have tried to keep ticket prices as low as possible in what is a superb banding venue’. ‘Having worked at the Pavilion Theatre during the long-running Festival of Brass, I know how much Brass Bands are loved in this part of the world and it seems only right that this great venue should have one of the best bands in the world playing there’.

One particular ’purple patch’ in their fine record came in 1998, when the band held concurrently the titles of All England Masters, Champion Band of Great Britain, and European Champions, a unique ‘Triple Championship’, still not equalled!!

The concert will be held on Saturday 29th September at 7.30pm and tickets are priced at £13.50 and £11.50. They can be purchased by calling the Rhyl Pavilion Box Office on 01745 330 000 or on-line at www.pavilion-theatre-rhyl.co.uk.

A competition to win tickets for bands will be announced soon via the specially established site at

http://www.myspace.com/brighouserastrickbandatrhylpaviliontheatre

All Brass Bands will be given the chance to win tickets as a raffle prize for their band funds. Just subscribe to the blog or look out for the press release on this site.

Contact details

For all further enquiries regarding this concert

Del Thomas
    Mobile No. 0782 104 8716
    Email: scooteriow@aol.com

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    R Band
    recording
    Rastrick
    Rhyl
    Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band
  3. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

Nice one, good to have the top bands returning to North Wales.
    Just one more request............................................................................BRING BACK THE RHYL ENTERTAINMENT CONTEST!!!

4. del thomas

del thomas New Member

Brighouse & Rastrick at Rhyl

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I only wish I could bring the festival back. Your current band set the place alight in 2004 - they were superb and put in a fantastic performance. Unfortunately, Rhyl festival will never return, too much political funding required unfortunately and it is sad because it was so well organised (by volunteers) and brought alot of revenue to the town.

All the best and I hope to see in you in Rhyl

Del

5. stopher

stopher Member

Thats a shame - probably the best organised and attended contest that was in North Wales!

Afraid I won't be there as I'm Harrogate but I know that also that day there is a Brass Workshop by the BBC NOW brass section in St Asaph Cathedral, about 4 miles aways. I'll try to get some more details but have a look at www.northwalesmusicfestival.co.uk

6. del thomas

del thomas New Member

Brighouse & Rastrick Concert - Anyone going to Rhyl?

Brighouse & Rastrick Concert on Saturday 29th September at the Rhyl Pavilion Theatre. Anyone going? Have you booked yet?

Edit: Threads merged - no need for multiple threads for one concert!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2007
  7. del thomas

del thomas New Member

Concert Programme

Full Programme - Brighouse & Rastrick Band -
    Saturday 29th September 7.30pm

Musical Director - Alan Morrison

Florentiner March Fucik

Ruler of the Spirits Webber arr Halliwell

Tucker E.Leidzen
    Cornet Soloist: Stephen Wilkinson

1941 March Williams arr Morrison