Brighouse March Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by rickcowens, Jun 17, 2003.

1. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

hi any one know when the brighouse march contest is? also whos going? i went 2 years ago and it was a good day out! also its a good pint at the pub on the corner!! :guiness
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I'm sure its on Sunday 6th July.

3. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

thanxs, whos going? any band's you know? i think where going i just didnt know the date but i do now thanxs!!
  4. Sueee

Sueee Member

Sellers will b there... :shock:
  5. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

cool, so theres Hebden Bridge, sellers, ellend youth, ellend silver so far what a contest its gona be!! lol wunder what order that will be :? lol any one elss?
  6. Sueee

Sueee Member

Hepworth, Marsden are usually there I think?

Carlton Main Frickley should be there
  8. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

[Sellers will b there...]

Check your gig list Sue! We won't be there, but the Youth Band is doing it this year so you're very much welcome to come and support!

Should be a great day, especially if the weather's good!

9. Sueee

Sueee Member

oops I just presumed we where hehe.. yeah i'm sure it'll b a great day :) kids will love it too bless em! they were great at Whit Friday :D

Sue 8)
  10. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

11. huddersfield brass will b at brighouse contest playin westward ho, deep harmony, and cossack, hope 2 c u all there, CliVE (2nd, "should b 1st, lol" trombone)
  12. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

The official line up is:

Championship Section
    Greggs Bakery
    Carlton Main
    Pennine Brass

1st Section
    Yorkshire Co-op
    Holme Silver

2nd Section
    West Yorkshire Police
    Elland Silver
    Huddersfield Brass Ensemble

3rd Section
    Hebden Bridge
    Gawthorpe Brass '85 (senior)
    Clifton & Lightcliffe
    Royal Buckley

4th Section
    Gawthorpe Brass
    The Friendly Band

Youth Section
    Elland Silver
    Shaw Youth
    Sellers International Youth
    Huddersfield Youth
    Clifton & Lightcliffe Youth

David Read and Derek Broadbent

13. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

just found out- ill be going helping out Elland youth
    went for a bit last year for :guiness - was good
  14. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

15. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

anyone seen the draw? weve been drawn 11, COME ON HEBDEN!!!!!!!!! :D
  16. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

whats everyone playing at brighouse? where doing ORB thats all i know, lol. is there a good pub near by the contest? any good front row cornet player wana help us out? if so e mail me please
  17. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

elland youth are doing march of the cobblers to march on and punchinello - neva remember the names of hyms

i've heard the black bull (think thats it - god! i should know i walk past it everyday!) is good - its opposite were the bands play
  18. asteria

asteria Member

lol rick, for someone who depped for elland so much and lives so close you should know how to spell it! :lol:

I'll be popping home for the weekend and going along purely for the drinking! :guiness Fantastic day out, especially if the weather is as good as last year!

PS. how long has there been a McDonalds in Brighouse?! It appeared within a week i'm sure! And Tesco's too, brighouse is really going upmarket!
  19. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

theres a McDonalds in Brighouse?!?!?! where is that?
  20. asteria

asteria Member

As you take the main road from Brighouse to Baliffe Bridge (towards Bradford) it's on the left. I came home one week and it was an empty plot of land, and when i came home the following week there was a McDonalds! Quite freaky how fast it was built, they're taking over the world!! :shock: