Brighouse and Rastrick welcome back star trombonist

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by cbridge, Jan 17, 2007.

1. cbridge

cbridge Member

Brighouse and Rastrick Band are pleased to welcome star trombonist Jonathan Pippen back to the band for the forthcoming Area contest. Jon was Principal trombonist with the band between 1998 and 2000 leaving to pursue his professional career. He has played with the band on a number of occasions in the past few months, as guest soloist at the Musicon Festival in Durham back in June and most recently at The Sage in Gateshead where the band won the Brass In Concert championships.

Speaking of his return Jon said ‘I am looking forward to working with the band again. The victory at ‘Brass In Concert’ was a tremendous experience and brought back a lot of memories from the success the band experienced when I was a member in the late 1990’s. I can’t wait for March 4th to play in the most competitive area contest in the country again.’

Jonathan is in great demand as a professional player, regularly working with orchestras including the Hallé, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, BBC Philharmonic, Philharmonia, English National Opera, Opera North, BBC National Orchestra of Wales and BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra to highlight a few.

You can hear Jonathon playing with the band under the baton of Musical Director Alan Morrison at the Royal Northern College of Music on Sunday 28th January, 7:30pm in a groundbreaking programme featuring music from Eric Ball, Percy Fletcher, Kenneth Hesketh and Edward Elgar. Tickets are available from the box office by phoning 0161 907 5555.

Full programme for Sunday 28th January:
    Kenneth Hesketh Festive Overture
    Joseph Horowitz Tuba Concerto (Soloist: Ben Thomson, BBC Radio 2 Young Brass Musician 2006)
    Eric Ball The Undaunted
    Edward Elgar (arr Bragg) Triumphal March (Caractacus)
    David Ellis Rondo in Blue Minor
    Gavin Higgins Ivory Ghosts
    Percy Fletcher An Epic Symphony

John Ingman
    Press Officer
    Brighouse and Rastrick Band

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Jon
    star trombonist
    Jonathan Pippen
    band