Brighouse and Morrison to part company

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by cbridge, May 12, 2009.

1. cbridge

cbridge Member

Brighouse and Rastrick Band and musical director Alan Morrison will part company after the British Open in September.

Alan has been Musical Director since December 2006, prior to that serving the band as Principal Cornet since 2003. Until September he will continue to conduct the band in concerts, at the forthcoming English Nationals Contest and in preparation for the British Open.

Alan commented, `I have taken the difficult decision to resign my position at Brighouse and in the process give the band plenty of notice to make the transition as smooth as possible. I very much look forward to working with Professor David King within this time and to completing my commitments to the band professionally and amicably. I of course wish the band every success for the future.

The band would like to thank Alan enormously for his commitment and hard work as both a player and conductor.

Details of a new resident conductor who will work alongside Professor David King will be released once arrangements have been formalised.

John Ingman
    Publicity Officer
    Brighouse and Rastrick Band
    12/5/2009