Bridal Entrance Music....Any ideas?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Aaron, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member

I am hoping to tap into an awful lot of knowledge here so please post generously!

My Bride-to-be is having problems trying to decide on her 'entrance' theme for our wedding & desperately needs some help.
    She does not want anything 'traditional' ie grand march from Aida, trumpet voluntary etc, but does want something 'grand' and 'fanfare-like'

Does anybody know of any pieces, or even excerpt from a test piece which might suit? Has anybody used something along these lines in the past to break away from the norm?

All ideas will be gratefully recieved and carefully considered

Thanks in advance!
  2. jjules

jjules New Member

My daughter used the introduction from the Verves Bittersweet Symphony. We used a live string orchestra and band, totally non traditional and went down a storm!
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

You could try this one.
  4. sibeck

sibeck New Member

Why not try Peter Graham's Summon The Dragon. The title could be misconstrued but the fanfare at the beginning works well!
  5. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

What about fanfare and flourishes, I am thinking about having that or the fanfare from fanfare, romance and finale.
  6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Entry of the Gladiators?
  7. Scongie

Scongie Member

At the end of Star Wars a New Hope there's a fanfare march as Luke and the others go up to collect their medals. Use this in my siters wedding and it went down well.

Heared Olympic fanfare done the other day but they started just before the percussion feature.
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've been scrolling through my collection of pieces and found Hymnus Antverpiae by Jan Van der Roost which has been scored for brass band (as well as other ensemble groups). Sounds formal enough but lacks a fanfare through it (although I believe it can be easily adapted!). Maybe give the composer an email and he might help out!

You can find an audio sample here. More about the piece here (...same audio sample as well!).
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  9. I had Harborough Band playing Crown Imperial to enter and Entrance of the Gladiators (Fucik) to exit.
  10. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

We had Procession to the Minster on the way in and "Thanks be to God" from Elijah on the way out.

The end of Minster frightened a few of the pensioners who'd popped in at the back to get out of the rain, though ;)
  11. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Tragedy by the Bee Gees!!
  12. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Beleive it or not - I've actually been at a wedding where that happened - although it was the steps version, not the Bee Gees.

(Honestly, the mind absolutely boggles)

If she doesn't mind hanging around for forty or fifty bars, you could try 'pass time in good company' and have her set off walking just as it starts to get all loud and proud. That might work. Nice grand ending as she reaches the altar too.
  13. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

We had the Toccata from Widor's 5th Organ Symphony(Black Dykem playing ofcourse), for the exit and Procession to the Minster for the entrance(Grimethorpe).
  14. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

We had La Mourisque from Six Susato Dances to walk in, and La Rejouissance from Music for the Royal Fireworks on the way out. If you fancy a testpiece exceprt you could always try the opening movement of Pageantry.
  15. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

William Himes wrote "Procession to covenant" for his wedding, but you'd need a pretty long aisle to walk up if you're going to play it right through!
  16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Some of Edward Gregson's early works such as Processional or Music For An Occasion might be suitable alternatives!
  17. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Philip Wilby's Dragon's Arise, perhaps?
  18. wilearl

wilearl Member

The Final Countdown!
  19. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Genius! And D.I.V.O.R.C.E. on the way out? (Don't know if there is a Brass version though. ) ;)
  20. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Darrol Barry wrote a piece for Rachel Higginson's wedding that I played at. Think it was called 'jubilee' or something along those lines. It was a lovely piece of music. Not sure if this piece is published, but you could try PMing him.