Brian Clough R.I.P

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Should have been made England manager. Would have won more than one major trophy with Old Big 'Ead at the helm. As someone who supports Arsenal, a team who have just broken Clough's Forest record of unbeaten League games, I didn't think that record could be broken and it would only have been a manager of Clough's brilliance that achieved that record in the first place.
  2. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

God speed to the great dug-out in the sky.
    What a legend!
    Great manager, great character for the game, and a strike rate of 0.92 as a player.

He'll be sorely missed by all.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

He was a legend, and one of the best managers for getting teams fired up. God bless him.
  4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

And talked more sense than the current crop of Premiership managers put together (yes, Wenger included....).
  5. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

A football legend that was loved by all fans, even though he only spent 44 days at the worlds greatest club , total respect to this man.

There is surely a void in the world now that can never be filled.

Rest in Peace and may god be with you
  6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Goodbye "Old Big Ed"

he should have died as Sir Brian but sadly it wasnt to be!!

44 Days in the top job ( back then at least ) was better than some so called top bosses managed.

Certainly a character that will never be replaced.
  7. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

The Reason I wear a Notts Forest Shirt!

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I was a Forest fan back then too during the Anderson, Francis, Birtles, Woodcock, O'Niell, McGovern, Gemmill, Robertson era.

What a team he assembled and what a motivator, the best manager never to manage his country.

Rest in Peace Cloughie, football is a duller place without you.
  9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Class Brian Clough moment:

When QPR fans invaded the pitch after a game and he ran on and started clouting them round the head, said it all about the man
  10. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

One moment of Brian Clough that I will remember is, when he made his team of 'superstars' get the train to Norwich for a game, and then made them walk down Riverside Road to the game.
    His reason for doing this was to keep their feet on the ground, and also not to forget who really paid their wages.

RIP Cloughie. You were a true genius.
  11. Dave Thornton

Dave Thornton Member

12. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

My favourite Cloughism - "I'm not saying that I'm the greatest football manager, but I'd certainly put myself in the top one".

RIP Brian