Brett Baker to join Watchet Town Band!

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Rapier, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Yes it's true. Brett is joining Watchet Town Band.

OK it may only be for a day, but that's not the point.

Watchet Town Band are being joined by Martlesham Brass Band and holding a Brass Workshop and Evening Concert.

Brett Baker and Chris Howley are the tutors for the day, which is being held at St. Audries Holiday Park, West Somerset.

Saturday 30th April 2011
    The day will start at 10.30am and will cost £5, ( which will be refunded if we obtain enough sponsorship to cover costs ). All brass players are welcome to attend and friends and families can come to the concert for a donation. Booking in advance is essential. Contact details are on

You never know, he might like it 'down south' so much he might stay.​
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

The annoying thing is my son is getting married that day, so I can't go! I did suggest that I just go to the ceremony bit, and then off to Band, but for some strange reason my wife objected to my brilliant idea.
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

St.Audries Bay Holiday Park, where this event is taking place, still have some vacancies, and have meals available at lunchtime (pre-ordered and on payment.)
  4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

There has been more interest in this than we expected, so we may have to limit numbers. If you are interested in attending, don't leave it too long before deciding.

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Nice to hear one of the Tutors for this day, yesterday. Chris Howley was depping with Leyland on Rep. at their Concert in Minehead.
  6. Where was the concert in Minehead?
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Leyland played at the Regal Theatre.
  8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

The programme for the workshop and evening Concert is:-

March of the Cobblers
    Robbie Williams, Swing When You're Winning (unfortunately the Barnaerts one!)
    Bride of the Waves
    Le Reve Passe
    Reet Petitie
    Irish Blessing
    Mask of Zorro

633 Squadron
    The Nightingale
    Concerto de Aranjuez
    Haven't Met You Yet
    Fantastic Polka
    By The Time I Get to Phoenix
    Fantasia On British Sea Songs
    Baggy Trousers

(Subject to change if necessary).
  9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Still some places available for this Workshop and Concert. Only £5 for the day.