Breakfast In Cornwall

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ChrisL, Jul 26, 2006.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Anybody on holiday in Cornwall in a couple of weeks time in need of sustinance?
    St. Pinnock Band are providing an "all day breakfast" on Saturday 5th August, at the band room in East Taphouse on the main A390, from 7am. Families welcome, come one and all!
    Our skilled team can give advise on best beaches, best attractions, traffic jam dodging tips and best beer.All for £4 with free refill of tea! We are hoping to do well, or else we are walking to Harrogate. The band room is on the main road with good parking, you can't miss it.
    p.s. the Breakfast is, despite this being Kernow not England, a full English.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Anybody
    need
    sustinance
    team
    All
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

What a great idea! :clap:

I feeling hungry at the thought of it. Unfortunately, I won't be in Cornwall until about 6 weeks later so I reckon the bacon will have gone cold and greasy by then! :( Still, hope you raise loads of wonga for Harrogate!

4. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

Will be coming to Cornwall :D, but unfortunately not on that Saturday:(.

I agree that it's a brilliant idea!

If it is successful (I'm sure it will be!) and you you decide to repeat it on any future Saturday(s) then please post it on here!! I'ill also mention it to anyone who tells us they are travelling down that day.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  5. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Oooh, that is a good idea! Do you have to be on holiday to go?! I may well be pretending to be a tourist that day! I don't go to north Cornwall that much anyway!

Good luck with it, and if I don't see you then, see you at Harrogate! :biggrin:

6. fulcherc

fulcherc Member

Just to let you know that St Pinnock is in South Cornwall :tup

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Although i wont be down that weekend, i can sa that St pinock are a really friendly bunch.

I poped into one of there rehearsals this time last year, and they very kindly let me sit in.:tup

if your having one of your all day braekfasts after the 11th i may well pop in again!

take care guys.
    Craig(the plonker who left his coat at the practice and spent the next week chasing it!:redface:)Oh do you have a scarcrow outside your band room agan?:confused:

8. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Nope, it's definately upwards from where we are!! :)

9. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Apologies, I tend to believe that the closer to Devon you are, the further north you are! But I suppose it's east really...

...anyway, the furthest I need to travel is 6 miles "upwards and right-wards" to work in Truro. St Pinnock's a whole hour away - it's a mini adventure! :biggrin:

10. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Wow, this reminds me of scotchgirls post "Is St. Pinnock a real band". We are officially in South East Cornwall. St. Pinnock is a type of village common in Cornwall, where the actual village is just the church and attached glebe farms, the parish being made up of several isolated hamlets. The Band room is in East Taphouse, reputedly the site of an Inn, on the road from Liskeard to Lostwithiel and St. Austell. Founded in 1866 as "St. Pinnock Temperance Band of Hope", we are not so temperate now, but still going strong!
    We obviously don't do enough in the old publicity stakes.

11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Don't forget to post any pics you get of your event, and we wish you rthe very best of luck with it too. Great idea, hopefully you'll do very well.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Anybody
    need
    sustinance
    team
    All
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Sounds good but Cornwall is a long way to go just for breakfast... Hope you raise the dough for Harrogate.
    BMB
    xx

14. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Thanks Craig, no Darleks this year, but visitors are always welcome for a blow, esp if insane enough to do Floras and carnivals!