BrassBuy - New brass website

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by brassfun, Dec 12, 2012.

1. brassfun

brassfun New Member

Hi everybody,

My name John and I'm part of this new website we just launched. It's a new trading site specifically for brass instruments and complementing accessories.

http://www.brassbuy.com

You can sell and buy all kinds of brass items. It's great and it's free to list your items.

I invite you to check it out!

Best,

John

2. John_D

John_D Member

No sections for cornets, tenor horn, flugel horn or baritone may mean it has limited appeal to brass band players. Maybe an area for development.

3. brassfun

brassfun New Member

Thanks for the tip John . www.brassbuy.com actually includes sections for some of the instruments you mention, and as any brass player would know, flugelhorns and cornets would be under the trumpet section, the baritone under euphonium or tuba etc. when listing instruments there is always an "other" option, so if you can't find the specific section could posted there.

Thank you again for your advice!

Best,

John

4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Who are you, exactly? I can't find any details of your identity, location, landline telephone number, or very much about you at all on your website. I know a lot of people called John - which one are you?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  5. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

There is some information on the T&C page here

These are three interesting quotes from those T&Cs:

...If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.

…The Society is located in Benjamín de tudela, number sixteen, seventh floor, in Pamplona, Spain. CIF: J-71072524.

…Except as explicitly stated otherwise, this User Agreement are governed and construed in accordance to the spanish law. Both parties (you and BrassBuy) agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction at the spanish courts.

I conclude that this is another auction site, with none of the controls and protections of, for example, Ebay. If there is a problem, BrassBuy don’t want to be involved and any subsequent proceedings, if it gets that far, will have to be in a Spanish court.

It doesn’t inspire me with any confidence, I’m afraid

6. James Yelland

I beg John's pardon. I did look at the T & Cs but my eye skipped over the address. Pamplona - that's where they have the annual bull run, isn't it? Try as I might, I can't think of a single brass/bul-related joke.

7. Oxted Band

Oxted Band New Member

I suspect there are some cornet, flugel and baritone players who will disagree with you on that...

8. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Active Member

OK Jim I will take the bull by the horns.

How about, what is brown and steams out of bulls?

I am not sure if that is quite right.

I am 76 you know.

Clue: There is a lot of it elsewhere on this site at the moment (not from you and I and the (few) other normal people of course). That is the link to bands (from bulls)

Got it yet??

9. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

What do you get if you fire a male bovine at a dart board, when the bovine hits the wire (brass band) and then settles in the treble 20 bed?

10. James Yelland

Is the answer 'a broken dart board'?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    B)Dragon
    eBay
    BrassBuy
    B)John
    UK
  12. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

If you would like to write to, ring, or email the person behind the web site, there are details here

No mention of a 'John' though :icon_rolleyes:

13. DRW

DRW New Member

Me neither. I can imagine the dialogue in the den...

Dragon
    : why do you need 30000 euros of my daughter's inheritance?
    John: we want to expand into the UK market with our brass exchange site. It works a bit like eBay, but with pretty much no security in terms of customers being able to successfully resolve disputes.
    Dragon: Okaaaaaay.... so why will people use your site instead of eBay?
    John: our site is tailored to the specific brass player market
    Dragon: give me an example
    John: we'll split our listing categories specifically for the types of item we sell
    Dragon:
    tell me more
    John: For example, we list cornets under the trumpet section whereas eBay lists cornets under...urm...cornets.
    Dragon: so when Mrs P next wants to buy a cornet, she go to your site and search under trumpets will she? Urm....ok, let's talk about your marketing plans...tell me how you'll reach out to this market
    John: we're going to a use niche discussion forums within the UK to let customers know that we exist. Captive audience - easy peasy.
    Dragon: good idea. What will you say?
    John: firstly, we know their market better than they do, so at the first opportunity I'm going to insult their intelligence by being sarcastic, I'll knock back well-intended advice and basically alienate myself from my prospective market before I've even got my foot in the door.
    Dragon: Let me tell you where I'm at...

14. Laserbeam bass

Damn, obviously need to make them more cryptic in the future :tongue:

15. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

... from which we would infer that you're not actually a brass player, then?

16. Laserbeam bass

Would we also find Tuba's under the trumpet section?

17. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

ha - very good.

18. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

In fact, there would be slightly more justification for that, given that the Latin word "tuba" translates as "trumpet" ...

Of course, that would have made it a transposing instrument ...

Sorry ... :oops:

19. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Baritones in the horn section, euphs in the tuba section?

20. Laserbeam bass

...... and there was me thinking that I made a pun ;-)

....... Where's 13ball when you need him?

Heh Heh

21. brassfun

brassfun New Member

Dear participating commenters,

For those that are interested, www.brassbuy.com was founded as an extension of the successfully launched website www.todotrombon.com; a website created to accommodate and encourage the spanish speaking trombone community. The idea of BrassBuy was a direct result of requests from our TodoTrombon.com users. Their inquires inspired us to provide other outlets not only for this community but for users worldwide.

The founding team is comprised of brass players with outstanding positions in professional orchestras and conservatories.

We would like to mention that the reason for not disclosing our identities thus far has been a professional decision to eliminate and avoid any bias throughout the company.

We appreciate that you took the time to read this and we invite you to visit www.brassbuy.com.

Don't hesitate to contact us with any further inquires via our website.

Happy holidays,

BrassBuy Team

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    B)Dragon
    eBay
    BrassBuy
    B)John
    UK