Brass The Baton

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ploughboy, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

How many folk are involved in this so far?

I've just been reading through the website, what a great idea, fun to pass a Baton from band to band round the country, and use it in a concert.

A new piece of music has also been commissioned to be performed, seems like quite a well thought out concept to me, lets hope there's enough bands getting behind it.

As a conductor and percussionist though, I was slightly amazed to read this line on the synopsis to the new piece "The most important part is the drum kit part as this keeps the performance in time" - I'm sure that's the conductors job!!

Still, who else is taking part??

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Baton
    new piece of music
    fun
    great idea
    percussionist
  3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I do indeed (without even clicking the link!) . . however, Are Egham involved Gareth?

5. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Would things become clearer if I told you that the composer of the new piece is one Mr P. Lovatt-Cooper?

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I knew that Jim :) Are we to assume he wrote the synopsis too? Perhaps that's what happens at Dyke - the boys at the back keep everything in time and Dr. Nick just counts them in . . . . ;)

7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

TBH, I hadn't heard about it prior to your post. I'll mention it to the Band Sec. at tonight's rehearsal.

8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I wonder how many bands are in the same boat? more communication needed. . .

9. Backrowdiva

Backrowdiva Member

10. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm sure you'll find percussionists make the best conductors ;)

11. LynneW

LynneW Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Baton
    new piece of music
    fun
    great idea
    percussionist
  13. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

OK, lets wire one up to the mains and find out.... ;)

14. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Nope, but the more bands that get involved the less distance there will be. . . I'm sure the organisers are trying to organise the routes so it's easiest for everyone. We;ve been allocated the Black baton and if you look at the other members in our group (sadly only 5 so far) they're all Yorkshire ish bands. . .