Brass section wanted for rock n soul band (Leeds)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Gospel dogs, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Gospel dogs

Gospel dogs New Member

Do you enjoy getting people up and dancing? Enjoy being in a band? Love Rock, Blues & Soul music?
    We require a brass section to add that extra dimension & complete the line up. We're not going to be just one of 'those' bands that trot out the same old songs over and over, we're gonna cover some old soul songs through to the modern day grooves to make sure that we have everyone up clapping, dancing and shaking their asses!
    You MUST have a sense of humour and be able to play a note or three. We're doing this for the love of music and believe that we're gonna be one of the few bands around playing this kind of music.
    Contact me now if this is right up your alley
  2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Ermm ... a little more information might be helpful; like, where you're based, for starters ... ?
    For example, I live in Surrey; if you're based in Newcastle, travel expenses might be a bit of an issue ...
  3. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

The clue is in the title.
  4. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Whoops; my bad ... :oops:
    (Still think travel expenses might be an issue ... )
  5. Gospel dogs

Gospel dogs New Member

And to clarify it is the Leeds in Yorkshire and not the village in Kent.o_O
    Matthew likes this.
  6. TwinnyRB

TwinnyRB New Member

I can play four notes, is that over qualified?

PM me more details, I've been playing Trumpet/Cornet in big bands, brass bands, orchestras and more recently a New Orleans inspired modern brass band.....Very interested to hear more about the opportunity. I also know a few more Trom, trumpet and sax players who'd possibly be interested too if you need a full line up.

I also live in Methley, right on the doorstep.

7. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

There's Yorkshiremen, then there's them that come from Leeds!!

I would IMHO put a note up in Leeds college of music!
  8. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

I hope it's earth wind and fire charts......that will make you sweat!