Brass repairs

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Dave Payn, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Some years ago, just after I moved to Arran, we saw a van which seemed to advertise mobile brass instrument repairs (Honest, I hadn't been drinking at the time!).

Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to take down his/her number. Does anyone else know of such a service and how I might get in touch? Our instruments could do with an overhaul and carting them all to the mainland isn't desirable, particularly if we can get a mobile brass repairer here!

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Kinrao

Kinrao Member

Hi Dave,

I don't know the answer to your question but........

DMBabe was good enough to put me in touch with a guy based in Edinburgh who is absolutely great and he has the ability to pick instruments up, whether he would come to Arran or not is something only he could answer so if you want his details I can PM you them.

3. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

It'd probably give Archie his mad spaniel a good run around though.....

4. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Sorry Alfie is the spaniel.... Archie is my work colleagues son.... no difference...:confused:

5. smaca

smaca Active Member

Frank Campbell......he has repaired/serviced my cornet over the years and done a fantastic job.Not sure about the the Logistics challenges, but perhaps worth contacting him.

Campbells Musical Instrument Repairs & Servicing Unit D2, Lochlands Industrial Estate, Larbert, Stirlingshire, FK5 3NS 01324 552088.

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Thanks for the replies, folks. Kinrao; if you could PM me those details that'd be great, thanks. Thanks to you too, Smaca. Will give him a try.

7. JRH

JRH Member

I would think if you have a large number of instruments to work on, you might be able to get a mainland shop to bring equipment to you and do it all on-site. I have no idea what they would charge for it though. Good luck with it, it's an interesting problem.