Brass Qunitet Compitions..

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by lil_miss_trumpet, Aug 8, 2004.

1. lil_miss_trumpet

lil_miss_trumpet New Member

Hey everyone!(im a newbie on here)hehe

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are kind of Brass Quintet competions in the UK that are held? I play in one, i really enjoy it and think it would be good to compete in a compittion..makes a change from competing with wind bands etc
    If anyone knows ny could you post it on here and let me know...thanx :D

Danielle
    x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Qunitet Compitions
    competions
    everyone
    kind
    Brass Quintet
  3. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

The only one I've ever heard of specifically for Brass 5tet was one held at Trinity College of Music - Phillip Jones Brass Ensemble Competition. Sadly not open to the general public - students of that college only.

4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

The North Wales Brass Band Association has a solo , quartet , and quintet competition held in Feb each year . it's a good competition with bands competiting from Lions Youth Band and most of the North Wales Bands.
    Maybe Dyl has a contact name or number , maybe you could become a member of the North Wales association if you band is based outside wales ( which scotland is ) hope this helps.
    ta

5. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

there is always quartet/quintet sections in music festivals,
    come to cornwall and play in the cornwall music festival- next march i believe :D

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Cheers I think I will...what are the rules , can any group enter? :D

7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

as long as you are not professionals i think

8. stopher

stopher Member

as long as you are not professionals i think

Thats you and me then Nick!!!

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

The only problem with the usual round of brass quartet/ensemble competitions is that the majority of them allow only brass band instrumentation. Still, for a 5tet, it's an ideal vehicle for say, the Ludwig Maurer quintets (for intermediate level) and the Victor Ewald quintets (or perhaps excerpts thereof.... they are a bit long otherwise! - for more advanced level) - all originally written for saxhorn combinations.