Brass Quintet Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hilary Mateer, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

We are forming a brass quintet from my wind band to play for a charity event in a church on Easter Saturday.
    We need some music, just hymns and other sacred music suitable for Easter. Some of them could do with being with Organ as well.

Because it is a one off charity event we do not want to spend a lot on music.

Has anyone got any suggestions please

Hilary Mateer

Tuba - Hallamshire Military Concert Band
  2. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

A lot of the old hymn publications (Allans especially) do more than one hymn per page, and sound great en masse or as an ensemble.

Hit up any Salvo friends...

The majority will probably depend on which church. I mean, I could hunt down an arrangement we have for brass quintet, choir and organ for the Archbishop of Canterbury fanfare, but will be slightly inappropriate if at a Catholic church!
  3. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

I am composing a set of works for the BrassNeck Brass Quintet, if you're interested in finding out more, just give me a pm.
  4. davidsait

davidsait Member

You can download Brass Quintet music (including one piece for Organ as well) for free from DTMusicUK, at - free compositions and arrangements by (our very own) Dave Taylor.

Dave Sait
    DTMusicUK Webmaster
  5. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Simon Kerwin (my hubby) has composed and arranged lots of quintets and quartets for Obrasso.

These include many sacred pieces. Just have a browse through the website.

6. :D
  7. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Thanks for all your suggestions about quintet music :)
    I will be following them up when I find out more details about who, what and where.
    I should have seen the chap who is organising it tonight, but wind band was cancelled because of snow! :eek:
    Bet brass band wouldn't have been cancelled :wink: