Brass players on "OFI Sunday"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, Dec 19, 2005.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

On "OFI Sunday" last night (the new Chris Evans show) there was a quartet of brass players playing festive tunes from the gallery of the studio.
    Anybody any idea who the players were?

And more to the point.........they didn't have a tenor horn player but I don't recall receiving the phone call to invite me to play.....especially since ROBBIE WILLIAMS was there!!!!! (phwoar!!;) )
    me jealous?? of course......!!!!
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

No Horn? Must have sounded rubbish then!
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Plenty of exposure on TV this Christmas

There's a band on the Argos advert in a shopping centre - anyone know who they are?

There's also a quartet on Morrisons advert - includes Rachel Wilkes on french horn (Harlequin Brass and Hallam Sinfonia) + ?
  4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

They are from Horsham Borough
  5. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Also, Croydon Citadel Band were invited to play on the Paul O'Grady show for today and did a darn fine job of it if you ask me!! We played an excerpt from 'Shining Star' and 'Christmas Joy'.
  6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

wouldn't make any difference if there was, you wouldn't have been able too hear them anyway! horn players are too quiet! :tongue: (they are in my band anyway!) also they're probably too girlie too be on telly!
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Horn players are NEVER too quiet! It's just that very few other brass players can actually play the correct dynamics! And we are not Girly (apart from the girls , obviously) I've been on the Telly lots, even had my name in the credits too! So there.:hammer
  8. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Yes and you can see "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" on the Living channel every week....;)
  9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

:eek: Bitch!

Anyway, I've stood next to Sienna Miller when she was dressed in a see through nightie! Eat your heart out. :D
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Sophie Ellis-Bexter admired LBB's horn at CIN a few years ago. :icon_biggrin:
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Lucky LBB I say! :icon_cheesygrin:
  12. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Closest we got was Katherine Jenkins 6ft away in a VERY tight dress singing god save the queen at a rugby international. :biggrin:

Played a few wrong notes then, I can tell you..... :oops:
  13. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

They were a few members from the Grenadier Guards. They don't have proper horns, just those daft ones you shove your hand up the bell!! :icon_confused:
  14. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Morrison's advert

The quartet on the Morrison's advert does include Rachel Wilkes as you said; the other players are also from the famous Harlequin Brass - Mathew Knowles and Steve Scarfe on Trumpet and Richard Dixon on Trombone.
    The advert features the quartet playing Joy to the World throughout, as well as featuring the players as buskers.
    If you want to see the full group perform, they are appearing at both the Stocksbridge and Glossop band club within the next couple of months - DEFINITELY worth a look if you want to see the range of styles and expertise possible within an orchestral brass ensemble.
    Stocksbridge Band Club - February 12th 2006
    Glossop Band Club - March 26th 2006
    The website is

Ed Knowles
  15. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

I was wondered who the brass players were in the intro for "Baddiel and Skinner - Unplanned" ?
  16. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hi Edward - should really have spotted the rest of the team but it's a very short spot.

OK latest brass banders on TV - Shameless on Channel 4 last night (3/01/2006) - couple of cornets playing a fanfare at Liam's fund raiser - Black and red uniform - any suggestions?
  17. HBB

HBB Active Member

I saw that too! Was only about 5 of them tho!
  18. dixie

dixie New Member

Regent Brass in London had a shoot for an advert with Kate Moss & Burberry rained of last year. It had nothing to do with the cancelled contracts though! Snort....