Brass player cartoons

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ScaryFlugel, Apr 22, 2008.

1. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

I'm after a funny cartoon or image to show at the start of a seminar I have to do for a bunch of would-be teachers. Needs to be decent enough quality to project onto a screen, non sexist/racist etc and genuinely funny, even if you aren't a brass player.

Oh, and free. Or very very cheap ;)

Can anyone help?

2. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Try typing into google image search 'brass band cartoon' and you get loads up.

Was looking for something once for my classroom and found a picture of a cartoon orchestra all basically blown over, and three little trombonists grinning from ear to ear in the middle, with the caption:

'Maestro regretted asking the trombone section to play FFF'

or something along those lines - made me laugh - but unfortunately can't find it now :(
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Probably because it was removed for copyright reasons.

The Google image search is of questionable use in such a situation, because it does not honor copyright. Just because an image appears in the Google search engine does NOT allow anyone to use it for free!
  4. no2taz

no2taz Member

your best bet is to speak with nezzycartoons he rocks for this kinda stuff

he has a link via
  5. no2taz

no2taz Member

oops i lied i think its on 4br... i have been subject to some of his dodles when he is bored of counting bars rest in band HAHA ( sorry nezzy )
  6. Lyndon Price

Lyndon Price Member

nezzies cartoons....non finer the guy is awesome
  7. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Well, this was actually an image that was in a newspaper that someone had scanned in, so I have no idea if that counts.

Its probably out there somewhere, I just can't remember what I typed into the search in the first place :rolleyes:
  8. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

So it was in violation of the newspaper's copyright, and most likely the artist's also. Even if you could find it, it would be illegal to use it.

Anyone's best bet in this type of situation is to either find verified public domain images (not easy) or to have someone create something new specifically for you (which you might have to pay for).
  9. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

You're assuming:

1. I didn't find it on the artists own website
    2. I didn't find it on the newspapers own website.

I didn't mention anything about using that particular image, just that I'd seen it, and it was funny.

Why is it immediately a 'violation of the newspaper's copyright, and most likely the artist's also'?? Just because I can't find it doesn't mean it isn't still there still and perfectly legal!

Sorry to be pedantic - but not *every* image on google image search is copyrighted, and even if it is, there is nothing stopping you emailing and asking permission to use it.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008