Brass in the Grass, Toronto June 10/11

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassfest1, Jun 7, 2006.

1. brassfest1

brassfest1 New Member

Hi -

Just a reminder that this coming weekend is the second annual Brass in the Grass festival in Toronto, Canada.

Featuring performers like Intrada Brass, Chris Whiteley, Alexis Baro, Kevin Clark and many more, the festival takes place in the Humber College grounds at Lakeshore and Kipling Saturday and Sunday June 10 & 11.

For more info visit

Hope to see you there.
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Thanks for posting brassfest1...I only wish you had gotten this up earlier. Even from Ohio, 4 days notice is a bit short.

Seems like an interesting event to go to. Where is it in Ontario with respects to the U.S. (I know Ontario is quite large)? by Detroit, Buffalo, Upstate NY?

What are the dates for 2007?

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Sounds like a great event brassfest1 - thanks for posting the details. Plese be sure to post us an update of how the event goes if you're attending it yeah.

4. Eupher6

Eupher6 Member

Toronto - Canada's largest city. A mapquest should bring it up nicely.
  5. brassfest1

brassfest1 New Member

Hi -

Thanks for your interest - I probably should have flagged it earlier. I posted it in the calendar section a while ago, but I didn't put a note in the forum at the time - I'll do that next year.

The date for next year will probably be the second weekend of June again, but I'll post once I know.

Toronto is about an hour north of Buffalo on the north side of Lake Ontario - depending where you are in Ohio it would be a 4 -5 hour drive I'd think.

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Sorry..I missed the Toronto bit and only saw Ontario...feel a bit silly now really. I think the lasttime I was up in Toronto was for the NABBA Championships in 1994?

Thanks for the update...and hope to hear more about how this event went and about plans for next year.
  7. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Went to the website but didn't find any additional information to that included in your post. I'll check the Intrada site to see if they have it posted and get back.

This from Intrada website:
    Intrada Brass will appear on Sunday at 5.00pm; performing an hour of light music. (
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2006