Brass in Concert - Who's Going???

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Ginge, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Ginge

Ginge Member

So who will I be seeing at Spennymoor?

I'm Going with Mount Charles!!!
  2. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

Mouth Charles? Cool name for a band... ha ha, I shall be there obviously with Sellers :D
  3. Ginge

Ginge Member

oops! :oops:
    All changed now.
  4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i wont be going as it's too far north, but good luck! Hope someone does something entertaining this year....
  5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I'll be in the bar!! Will possibly join sellersbird in some "watching" activities!!
  6. Active Member

We'll be there, saying 'goodbye' to Spennymoor as the event will be in the new Sage Centre, Gateshead next year.
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Will there be a cd again this year?
  8. Active Member

Yes there will be.
    It's on the schedule for a December release so we'll have to get our skates on!
  9. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

There was rumour of a DVD- is that right Mr WoB?

PS Ginge - Dont forget your music!
  10. Active Member

Not for this year.
    We feel that the current venue is not suitable in which to produce a commercial visual product.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  11. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I'll be there with Leyland, but as I'm planning to leave straight after we've played (number 1) I won't be there very long.
  12. Ginge

Ginge Member

he he :lol: Don't worry, it's all in my head, just in case!
  13. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I have a 7:30 concert in London Saturday night and am thinking of driving up (at least part way) Saturday night and finishing the drive Sunday to go. Does anybody know what time it starts on Sunday and what time it is likely to end? (I do have to work Monday morning)
  14. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

hello friends

me and our vera are making our annual trip to the north east, and we're very much looking forward to an exciting days contesting. after last years fiasco when vera got a stern glare from field leiutenant renton as she chewed on a ginger nut, we've made sure to choose a softer biscuit this year! (fig rolls)

may the best of luck go to all competeitors!

Uncle eric
  15. strongbow

strongbow Member

16. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Considered going for about a second, they told myself not to be so silly. After all, Spennymoor is a nightmare to reach on public transport. And I'm skint.

Maybe next year, at the Sage. Seems like a good move to me, if only they'd have the Area there too.

Pat - Going on last years timings, start at 9.30am finish at 6.30pm. From London to Spennymoor you're looking at about 250 miles, meaning a 4 1/2 hourish drive and a weekend of late nights!!
  17. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Colin, thanks for the times. That means I should get home at a reasonable hour on Sunday, but Saturday night might be rough. It's still shorter than the journey would be next year ;)
  18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well i will be at Leicester Contest instead playing.
    Although i have been to all the major contests over the years to listen, i have never been to the Brass In Concert Contest.
    But it is a bit of a distance from WALSALL, shame.
    But those of you are going have a JOLLY GOOD BANDING TIME:)
    Anyway i will be at the WEST MIDLANDS (LEAMINGTON SPA) 28th November to listen instead, BY THE WAY I AM THE UNOFFICIAL ADJUDICATOR, so if you are playing come and see me i will be sitting upstairs on the right hand side of the stage.:-D
  19. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

excellent...lets hope we dont c what we're looking for :)
  20. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I'll be there. Since I'm celebrating yet another birthday on Friday, I might even have a pint or two.