Brass In Concert Draw

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Bbmad, May 27, 2015.

1. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Is it fair that Grimethorpe and Cory have been given a second half draw due to them performing at the Festival of Brass and Voices the night before?

Surely the little darlings would get the chance to have a snooze on the bus on the way up the A1?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass In Concert Draw
    BIC
    Bands left
    tallyman
  3. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Is BiC open adjudication? If so the draw won't matter surely?

4. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

Is it a Given that the Bands taking part at the Concert are the same Bands (personnel) taking part in the Contest ?

5. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Yes.

6. tallyman

tallyman Member

I've heard world of brass are flying one of the bands up to gateshead..............no prizes for guessing which one.

7. MrBaritone

MrBaritone New Member

Will this be Owen Farr's first appearance with Grimethorpe?

8. tallyman

tallyman Member

I see tredegar have kicked up a fuss over the draw and as a result they have postponed it.They'll be kicking off about other bands using their bandroom as a toilet next........................oh wait.

9. Uncle Bryn

Uncle Bryn Member

The harsh reality is that Grimey are a big draw for the audience demographic and Tredegar (despite the fact that they're on a par band wise) aren't.

10. tallyman

tallyman Member

What about Cory ?? Uncle Bryn are cory a big draw for the audiences at BIC my good man??

11. tallyman

tallyman Member

Is it right Tredegar are considering following Rothwell and pulling out of the contest ??

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass In Concert Draw
    BIC
    Bands left
    tallyman
  13. Uncle Bryn

Uncle Bryn Member

Yes Cory are a big draw but in my opinion Grimethorpe are the biggest draw at BiC.

14. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

No one cares about Tredegar. I had never even heard of them.

15. tallyman

tallyman Member

Tredegar band president and 4barsrest editor Iwan Fox obviously cares, have you not read his unbiased and measured article entitled " Tredegar might have a better chance of winning Brass In Concert if they refuse entry to Grimey and Cory, who cares about the future of the contest anyway". Don't be put off by the long winded title its a cracking article.

16. nighttempla

nighttempla New Member

If Grimethorpe and Cory agreed to play in the first half of the contest next year, surely this would keep everyone happy?

17. This kind of fair common sense has no place on a forum like this.

18. tallyman

tallyman Member

Now there are a lot less bands in the contest why don't they start the contest later and give Grimey and Cory a standard draw, and they can still have a few more beers on the plane up to Gateshead ??

19. tat

tat Member

Wonder if they'll refund the ticket price pro rata to the number of bands that have dropped out?

20. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

What a cock up.

21. tallyman

tallyman Member

Fortunately the absence of the bands that have reneged on their agreement with BIC should not affect ticket sales, as the bands are easily replaceable. It's just a shame the bands concerned would not follow the lead of Grimethorpe and Cory who have agreed to support the contest in the most adverse of circumstances.

22. tat

tat Member

Are you on the BIC committee? Possibly easily replaced but probably with lower quality bands? To me it looks like Cory and grimethorpe have gone for the better paying job the night before.