Brass in Concert 2008

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Joe Soap, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Joe Soap

Joe Soap Member

I see the list of this years competing bands has been published.

Reg Vardy

Again a strong line up and i am glad to see the return of the Cory band.
  2. critic

critic Member

Iagree a very strong line up i understand a twelth band may be invited dont know who but all the bands invited have quality and it should be a great day of music making what ever the result.
  3. Joe Soap

Joe Soap Member

What is the criteria for invitation.

A regional winner?
    Another European entry?

Whichever method of selection one thing is certain, this is a great day out for the enthusiast.
  4. BigD

BigD Member

No Scottish band this year?
  5. Joe Soap

Joe Soap Member

Doesn't appear to be so at this point.

Perhaps some of the Coop or Whitburn players can shed some light.
  6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

It said on the 4BR atricle that so far those who had accepted were . . . .

so hopefully a scottish band or two? Polysteel?

Looking forward to Stavanger, should help to raise the bar yet again!
  7. Scotty

Scotty Member

I understand that we have had an invitation for the other place and our committee are considering it at the moment.
  8. Joe Soap

Joe Soap Member

Thanks Scotty,

and well done at the Scottish.Your first ,yes?

Have you seen Stavanger?How good are they in concert normally,although to win in this company will take some doing.
  9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I remember them doing an entertainemt program completely from memory! So the performance options are brilliant with out needing stands etc etc! Not sure where that was. . . . . euro's opening concert?
  10. Joe Soap

Joe Soap Member

After the last BIC someone on here said that Richard Evans had this formula sussed.
    I personally felt the rest edged closer than ever last time.

The addition of Cory moves this contest up another notch,and with Whitburn in such fine form things could get extremely hot for RE.
  11. critic

critic Member

i think it was the day after the eur,os a couple of years ago in birmingham conducted by David king. They finished with West Side Story. Terrific
  12. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Fingers crossed we're not on 1st again this year!!
  13. Active Member

That was at the World of Brass Gala Concert after the British Open in 2004. YBS did the first half and Stavanger did the second half. The DVD is still available.

They also played on the Thursday night before the European Championships in Glasgow the same year. I believe that was from memory too.