Brass in Concert 2005

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by iggmeister, Aug 11, 2005.

1. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

This year of course at the Sage Centre, Gateshead.

Just had notification of the full draw. Some big name bands here - one of which has drawn no.1! Better not put it up just yet or might steal someone else's thunder. It is open adjudication after all so no risk in revealing the draw (eventually).

Should be a great contest this year as it is every year. I have seen some video of the hall and it looks fantastic. Ticket prices have been hiked up a bit though although I expect there will be plenty in attendance as usual.

Any predictions or is it too early?

I reckon Grimey must be favourite to win it yet again.

2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well the band who is drawn number 1 who come from Wales are favorite for me to win.:biggrin:

Seen draw in British Bandsman:clap:
  3. postie

postie Member

Had a quick look at the Bandsman seems that moving it to the Sage Centre seems to have improved the quality of the entry. Do people think that this seems to have happened?
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  5. supersop_1

supersop_1 Account Suspended

Grimey to win with co-op and bayw very close .Should be a fabulous contest(as always).Shame no fodens though
  6. flahshorn

flahshorn Account Suspended

7. dyl

dyl Active Member

List above edited! At least tMP has it right then! ;)
  8. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

The Sage is an excellent venue both to play and listen in, but if I were you I'd take your own food and beer, cos the prices are PHENOMENAL!!!!! There are pubs within walking distance, but all on the New Med style Quayside - still quite pricey. Worth it though for the hall - like a scaled down Symphony Hall. (And a vast stage - bit of a change from Spenny!)
  9. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

and lets hope we dont have a repeat of the dreaded spennymoor lurgy! :eek:
  10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member