Brass Dectet: Gloucestershire

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by joelrn, Feb 19, 2007.

1. joelrn

joelrn Member

I am interested in setting up a brass dectet or similarly sized ensemble in the Gloucestershire area next year, and wondered what sort of interest there was likely to be from other brass players. The approximate line up would be 4 trumpets, french horn, 4 troms and tuba.
    I was wondering whether there was anything similar in the area, and if not if people woudl like something along these lines. Obviously I have no idea of the standard the group might reach but I was envisaging a light concert load of paid gigs and maybe some short tour???
    Reply or PM me with any thoughts...

2. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

I'd be interested Joelrn, out of action at the moment due to tendon surgery but keep me in touch with the plans
  3. joelrn

joelrn Member

Update: still looking for trumpet and trombone players. I'm sure there must be some players out there who would welcome the chance to see how far we can push this project.
    PM me if you're interested and I'll explain exactly what I envisage for the group.
  4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

It does sound tempting, and I almost replied when you wrote before, but it's too far away, and we are up to our eyeballs in gigs of all sorts here year-round.

If ever you need a last-minute dep though, there's a tenor trombonist and a bass trombonist here, both of whom are familiar with 10-piece playing and the repertoire, and also double the other kind of trombone, euph and tuba at need.

On the other hand, if you can't get enough players together to make it work, you could knock on the door of the Bristol Brass Consort, who are good, in your area, and do 10-piece work.
  5. joelrn

joelrn Member

Any interested trombonists/trumpets still very welcome. I'm also now collating a dep list, so if you feel you can't regularly commit to this but might be interested in playing occassionally do PM me your details and I may contact you with well paid dep work.
    If you think any non-TMP'ers may be interested PM me and I'll send you some alternative contact details.
    Thanks to all those who have expressed interest.
  6. Tredegarboy

Tredegarboy Member

I would be interested in playing Bass Trom is you need one. Am located in South Wales so not that far from Gloucestershire.

7. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

I'd certainly be interested in some ensemble work. My normal instrument is Bass Trom, but I could fill a seat on tenor trom or tuba as necessary.

Where abouts in Gloucestershire? I live in South Wales but work in Bristol so South Glos / Forest of Dean area would be good.
  8. louthetrumpet

louthetrumpet New Member

I'd certainly would be interested in some ensemble work. My instruments are trumpet, flugel and cornet.

Any free time I have is spent arranging - this may help as an initial cost saving .

I live in Shropshire (Telford), but commute on a daily basis to Oxford.
  9. hypnorm

hypnorm New Member

i'd be interested - but i have small boy and family that come first in things and also my current band.
  10. joelrn

joelrn Member

Thanks to all those who've replied. I've actually forgotten who I've got back to and who I haven't, but things are moving on on the ensemble front and it looks like some exciting things are in the pipeline. Maybe if I've hitherto ignored you you could PM me to remind me? That would really help anyway, and hopefully I'll be in touch soon.

On a recruitment note the larger pool of players to draw from the better, so please do get in touch if you're interested. Even offers to dep occassionally would be very welcome.
  11. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

I'd be interested in playing Trumpet.

I haven't got a trumpet and never played one however it can't be that different to Cornet.

I live in Gloucester so central for gigs.
  12. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

i'm a little way away but would be interested in helping out on trombone
  13. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

I am soon going to be able to resume playing again after my surgery so would like to hear more about it. i can play trumpet, pic trumpet etc
  14. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

I can play either Trumpet or Tuba.

15. hypnorm

hypnorm New Member

I take it nothing ever happened about this.