Brass Cast

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by rutty, Nov 29, 2005.

1. rutty

rutty Active Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Anyone
    podcasting
    url
    Brass Band
    Brass Cast
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yup... lookout for moi coming to a podcast near you soon...:)

4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Brasscast is quite good however I do have to stifle a snigger every now again at some of the hosts comments, like "Next week we have the world famous Brass band of New Zealand, probably the greatest ever brass band" ;)

But it's a good mix of bands from all over the world and I've listened to every episode so far.

The 4barsrest one wasn't a bad effort either even if it was all chat

5. Lisa

Lisa Member

Oh no, really? :sup
    Thanks for the advance warning anyway! :)

6. rutty

rutty Active Member

Did I post this in here originally? Can't remember.

I'll have to have a listen to a few things. Podcasts are great, especially the amateur stuff. You'll have to let us know when you're on John so we can all have a listen :)

7. Steve

Steve Active Member

awesome :D the right button on my mouse is gonna be broken with a week at this rate

8. NeilW

NeilW Member

June 12th :clap: :D

Neil.

9. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Didn't know about BrassCast until they asked if they could feature the National Capital Band on one of their podcasts (I think it was posted on 20 November).

It seems quite good to me - at least someone is trying to put brass band music out in a modern format.

10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

What, when one speaks with the worst accent in the galaxy.... as and when I do this just pretend it is not me OK...:biggrin::biggrin:

11. Carina

Carina Member

What's wrong with "World Famous in New Zealand"?! :D

Our bands need to feel good about themselves at some stage in the year!

The brasscasts are great. It's really cool to hear the music from other bands.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Anyone
    podcasting
    url
    Brass Band
    Brass Cast
  13. Cornishwomble

*cough* nuffin wrong with the New Zealand band, but greatest ever in the history of banding??? ;):biggrin:

I agree about the variety of bands. It's introduced me to bands I'd never heard of before. I listened to the band from Paris yesterday and thought they were great. It would be so easy to just go down the route of the established bands and I think the range of different bands from all over the world make the Podcast what it is

14. Carina

Carina Member

Ok, so that part was over the top...maybe the person putting the brasscasts together only has a very limited knowledge of history...or has read different books...maybe they've only ever read the opinions of the people associated with that particular band... :D

15. Cornishwomble

or are on the commitee ;)