Brass Bandspersons from Downunder

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Norman Short, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Norman Short

Norman Short New Member

Aussie Bands from Downunder,
    How many members of the Mouthpiece reside in Australia?
    I am recovering from a operation at the moment and found this marvellous site, just by accident. In Australia, we have 4barsrestDownunder, which till now was the only band site worth spending time on. A site in Oz called spitvalve is not even worth a mention.
    Aleady today, I discovered Alan has joined theMouthpiece, & it makes it such a small world, as he plays EEb Bass in Parramatta City Band, as I do as well.
    Well, Let's here from som Aussie's!
    Regards to ALL. Norman Short

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi there Norman. There are several members on here from down under - Australia and NZ too. Alex Kerwin is a regular frequenter too.

Hope you enjoy the site.

3. Allan

Allan New Member

Bandspersons in the Land of Aussie and the Land of the Long White Cloud

Thanks Norman and nice to know there are other Aussie and players form the Land of the "Land of the Long White Cloud" (New Zealand) and what a great piece of music it is.:clap:
    Lets get some quality discussion going.

4. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Norman and welcome. Hope the recovery is going well.

5. Norman Short

Norman Short New Member

Thanks Di,
    Time has been on my side. Thanks to theMouthpiece, it has been an interesting experience. UK banding is very fortunate to have such a great site.
    Regards Norman

6. Di

Di Active Member

I'm with you there. I had two ops in a 6 month period, both giving me 6 weeks off work. Would have gone up the wall if it were not for tMP. ;)

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thanks for these comments Norman - but we're not limited to the UK.

OK, so we have most of our members from here but are always looking to attract new members from all over the world. We have many members from the USA, Canada, Singapore, Europe and of course Australia and New Zealand.

Please feel free to spread the word... :)

8. goosie baby

goosie baby Member

it is interesting where people reside, but i can tell you i wish i wo down under playing