Brass bands in Finland?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by katherine, Jan 9, 2003.

1. katherine

katherine New Member

Just wondering if anybody knows if there are such things as brass bands in Finland?!?

I'm off to Finland in September 2003 to study at a University in Helsinki until June 2004 and I'm trying to find a band to play in whilst I'm out there.

Hope you can help! Thanks.
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Katherine wrote:

There seems to be Brass Bands everywhere except Finland :cry:
    Take a look at the following site for further information on overseas bands.
  3. asteria

asteria Member

Hi Katherine,
    Fancy seeing you here!

If there's no brass bands in Finland perhaps you'll have to do the unthinkable and join a wind band - god forbid! :?

See ya soon
  4. Rob

Rob Member

I know there was/is some kind of band in Töölö, which is an area in Helsinki. They played at the Europeans a few years ago, don't know whether they're still running. Apart from that I've never seen any other bands when I've been in Finland sorry!

Black Dyke
  5. katherine

katherine New Member

Just to say a big thank you to those of you who tried to help me in my quest!

Especially thanks to Rob - I have eventually (after lots of hard work!) managed to get in contact with somebody from the Toolo Brass Band and it sounds hopeful that he might be able to find me a seat, so thank you very, very much!!

:D :D :D
  6. asteria

asteria Member

Yay, good for you Katherine, really glad you've found somewhere!

Hope you're practicing your Finnish?!?! :)

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Rob! :D ello mate.. dindnt think u were on here...