Brass Banding in Manchester

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Mark Preece, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Mark Preece

Mark Preece New Member

Can anyone tell me about the brass band or music scene in Manchester? I am looking to attend RNCM for my MMus, and I would love some opportunities to play in the city as well as at the college.
  2. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Hi Mark, welcome to Manchester!

What section of band are you looking for? We at Middleton are a third/second section band and are a really friendly bunch. If you fancy a blow with us to try us out please contact me by private message and I'll give you rehearsal info and directions.

All the best, Pam
  3. Mark Preece

Mark Preece New Member

Hi Pam,

Sorry, I should have explained a little more... I am not yet in Manchester, I am only looking for good colleges to attain my MMus on Tuba. I live in Osaka, Japan. I plan on coming to England next year sometime and I was just wondering what the music scene was like in the city. I usually play Eb Bass in brass band, although I have played Bb Bass for many years as well.
  4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Hi Mark, The North West is a big area for banding and there is no shortage of bands within driving distance from the city in all sections :tup
  5. Steve

Steve Active Member

Cant fail to find a band mate, its full of them. From the sublime to the lowest section you will find a bit of everything. Best thing is to get here and check the vacancies as and when they arise rather than try and find a band this far in advance. Being at the RNCM should open plenty of doors for you as it is so highly regarded in this country, and its a pretty good city for nights out too from the little I ever remember
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Music scene is smashing :) you won't be disapointed dude....