brass band website in need of feedback

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by The Real Trebor, Sep 2, 2005.

1. The Real Trebor

The Real Trebor New Member

Hi one and all,

One of the bands I play for has just launched its new look website and I was wanting to get some feedback as to what you all think of it. If you get a moment the address is www.driffieldband.com

Many thanks (and feel free to post an entry in the guest book / forum)

Trebor

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    need
    all
    look website
    feedback
    guest book / forum
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Trebor,

On first impressions the site looks very promising. It loads quickly and is easy to navigate - I also like the slightly tongue in cheek approach in the Player Profiles section.

The idea of a brief write-up on each band event is a good one, and whill help build up a useful archive.

There are a couple of apostrophes missing, and the wrong spelling of "Principal" cornet, but nothing that a good proof-read wouldn't pick up.

Best of luck with the site as it develops!

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

.....not to mention a link to tMP! ;)

5. The Real Trebor

I'll chuck a link to tMP first thing monday morning.

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... many thanks :tup

Also: don't forget to add your site to the tMP Links Directory - available here - it's free!!

7. The Real Trebor

Cheers for the advice John, the website has now been added to the directory (cheers for the link!).

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

Very slick, i like it.

I would change the conductors profile a little though as it just refers to him as David, a surname would be nice in there somewhere.

9. TheMusicMan

Yes indeed... I quite like this site too - and it should really get nominated in the tMP WoM contest very soon - I am sure it would be a winner.

Suggestion for you Trebor: On the Entertainers page, you have a nice looking image full of coloured dots representing the sections of the band. How about making that a clickable image-map?? ;)

10. Di

Di Active Member

Eerr, John?? Keep up. ;);)

11. TheMusicMan

...oops!!!:biggrin:

Hey, hang on... I'm the owner... I'm allowed to make mistoooooks like that :wink:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    need
    all
    look website
    feedback
    guest book / forum
  13. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

hi, i like the site but if i was a member of your band i would b offended that u call us entertainers. change that to members and it will b perfik

14. TheMusicMan

... are you not entertainers though? I don't think this is anything to be offended about to be honest, you may indeed be members of the band, but this is what you are.

15. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

Yeah, You have a gd point there. but you are more then entertainers when you are in a brass band

16. TheMusicMan

... OK, now we're talking... please elaborate on what you mean by this. Remember though, that in the eyes of the people to whom you play, you are entertainers, and that's not such a bad descriptor to me.

It all depends to whom your webmaster is aiming the site at, and who you want as your viewers. To fellow banders you might be percieved as colleagues/partners/players/band members etc... but to Joe Public you would be percieved as something different.

17. Di

Di Active Member

How about musicians, or if you want the friendly group bandy thing, "musical team"

18. tedmundo

tedmundo Member

What's poor old David done to be listed separately from "entertainers" (or whatever the band gets listed as) in the lefthand column?

19. Di

Di Active Member

Actually, he must be special. He his listed with the "entertainers", instrument, "white stick" AND he has a section of his own. ;)

I like the layout of the player/entertainers section, colour coded etc. Nice idea. Could just do with some photos for the finishing touch. I assume they're forthcoming, as the section is under construction still. Nicely done. :clap:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  20. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

yeah. I agree with that a lot. because a band is a team, without all of the parts put in, it falls apart

21. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Looks Good To me

Having been webmaster and revamped umpteen times on advice from others it is always good to get feedback of any description. I like the site but agree with the Entertainers comment. Have fun and keep it updated. Signed the guestbook too.

22. The Real Trebor

Cheers for all the feedback ppl. Based on what everyones said i'll soon be adding some track samples from the CD and will add photos to the player profiles section when i get 1/2 a mo. A links section is in the process of being done (and will include TMP brass band aid etc etc).

What do you think with the gallery section - i have loads of erm, no playing :eek:) photos that could go in but i don't know if this will show the band in the correct light!