Brass Band Wanted for Recording

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by mark_scott, Apr 2, 2009.

1. mark_scott

mark_scott Member

I'm currently a composition student at Birmingham Conservatoire and as part of my portfolio I have written a piece for brass band which I need a rough recording of. The piece is for second section bands or above. Now the problem is I have to do a recording that has to be handed in three weeks from now. Ideally I'm looking at a band in the north west area who are willing to try the piece out in a rehearsal and allow me just to take a small recording(I can do this myself). I would be so greatful if anyone can help me.

2. BoBoHowell

BoBoHowell New Member

3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

James, Mark said NORTH WEST! :biggrin:

Seeya in college butt ;)
  4. richie rich

richie rich New Member

hi try SKELMERSDALE PRIZE BAND we might be able to do it
  5. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

meltham would probably give it a go for you. if you want any contact details pm me n il mail them back to you.
  6. GJacko

GJacko Member

Mark, send me a pm. We can record this for you in our band room. We have recently recorded a composition of Chris Tagg's (2nd year composition at Birmingham). Always enjoy trying these things. And you can get to us really easy.
  7. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

United Co-op Crewe's in the North-West... Try us!!! :D
  8. Don't forget your home town band too Mark, we are always available to help out former players!!
  9. 08cbinns

08cbinns Member

Try United Co-op Milnrow!!!
  10. Jay

Jay Member

surely you can ask the Birmingham Conservatoire brass band?! :p
  11. jockinafrock

I notice several bands have offered their services - have you actually been in contact with any of them yet? Would be nice to know so that players don't keep on posting in the hope that they arae chosen. Only manners, too... ;)
  12. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Well, I got my band to do this recording for him a while ago so I presume that that was that??
  13. jockinafrock

Hope you had a great time - but surely the poster could have still let us know that he had made a decision? :-?
  14. HBB

HBB Active Member

Not an excuse, but if he's even half as busy as I have been the past week for composition at the RNCM (it's was portfolio hand-in day last week...) then finding time to write on a forum probably wasn't on the top of his to-do list... :D
  15. mark_scott

mark_scott Member

Got this sorted!

Thanks for all the replies I managed to get something sorted cheers.