Brass Band Training Weekend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nat, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Nat

Nat Member

i think that there is going to be another durham bb training weekend soon how many of you are there going???

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    durham
    durham bb training weekend
    Brass Band
  3. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Yes there is. It's on the first weekend in April. Adults only. The price is £35 this includes bed, board and all tuition which is provided by White City Brass. You can actually pay on the day of arrival. Stan is going along with Rob Vallance. Anyone who wants to go needs to contact Len Old via the Durham Brass Band Trust as soon as possible so he can confirm numbers

4. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

What's all this about? How often do these things run?

5. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

they run once a year in april at Durham Uni - Was well worth it last year, it's just a shame I cant do it this year :(

6. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Shame its in April or I might have popped along.

7. Di

Di Active Member

Adults only? :shock: What age classes as an adult? On the buses its 12, for some holidays its 10, for marriage its 16, so in banding, what is it?

8. Nat

Nat Member

i think its over 18's you will have to ask michelle, nice to see stan going but i might not be able to get the time off work!!

9. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

ooo adults only brass band weekend!! sounds like fun :lol:

10. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Trust you ... :roll:

11. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    durham
    durham bb training weekend
    Brass Band
  13. michellegarbutt

It is for people 18 & over only. This is on the grounds that the Durham Brass Band Trust already provides workshops ect. for junior players but nothing is organised for senior players. As has already been stated the courses run once a year at Durham University. It is a 2 day residential course. Tuition is provided by White River Brass (a 5 piece from Black Dyke) and the weekend culminates in a gala concert. Considering all bed, board and tuition is included in the price I think for £35 it's superb value. You can actually turn up and pay on the day but you MUST notify Len Old at the trust that you intend to turn up so he can organise numbers ect.

14. davidsait

davidsait Member

Does anyone have contact details for Len Old please? I'd like to know more about this and possibly even book a place!

Cheers,

15. michellegarbutt

I'll PM you later with his number

16. Moy

Moy Active Member

There are quite a few Summer Schools for players. No age limit.
    I went to one years agi in Sedburgh and loved it.

Mmmmm might even think about doing that again.

17. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

yep ive done couple and they are great fun - especially ones that last a week. :wink:

18. Moy

Moy Active Member

Just phoned about the one in Swansae......oooooo all excited have to phone back this afternoon.
    Anyone else going?????
    Even all bunged up with the cold it's got me excited.......how sad I am. :lol:

19. davidsait

davidsait Member

Thanks all for your help - I've now managed to get in contact with Len.

20. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

I would love to go on a residential course but the info never seems to reach my school about brass band courses. :(
    If anyone knows of any in the summer (now is not good for me as i'm too busy at school) then could you let me know please,
    Thanks!
    :)

21. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Wessex is in the summer, theres another one as well, but i cant remember what it is called though. :)