Brass band Summer school

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by daveredhead, Jan 13, 2007.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi all , i have heard rumours that this years summer school has been moved from Bromsgrove to Oakham, Rutland. Can anyone verify this??? :confused: as Phill B has not sent me info, unless it is a cunning plan to get me to Bromsgrove and everybody will be Rutland, but you will still hear me!!:clap: if this is true, and it has moved, will it affect the attendance of regular Summer Scholars

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bromsgrove
    Rutland
    Oakham
    Phill B
    years summer school
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

:frown: Yes it is so I can't come and drink with you all and win the quiz again this year

4. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

brass band summer school

Will start off on my protest march even as we speak, will march up to london if my playing doent force them to alter then my marching will!!!

5. I'll be there Dave:) They need one strange person on the course!

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

If it's Oakham School in Rutland, they are customers of my company and boy, is it a posh place. Northamptonshire sometimes play county matches on their cricket pitch, I think.:eek:

7. englishgill

englishgill Member

Yes its going to be at Uppingham School - was a bit shocked about the move myself but I think we can expect better music facilities and perhaps this year the door of my room won't fall off it's hinges!!! Its also a bit more expensive than at Bromsgrove but we all know its going to be worth it! I always see it as the highlight of my playing year and so will be making the journey North - anyone like to volunteer to map read??????? Worried I'll never find the way!!!

8. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Brass band summer school

But the door flew off in your haste to get to the bar before us quiet sop players, hope they have steel doors this time

9. englishgill

englishgill Member

What cheek! The route to the bar was always blocked by the cider swilling sop player - us poor shy retiring horn players had to wait our turn! Anyway I hope the bar has Boddingtons!

10. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

The rise in price may price it out of the market for some people!
    Its one reason why I won't be going this year.

11. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Brass band summer school

Claire you can not leave me to the mercy of those wicked noisy horn players:eek: :eek:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bromsgrove
    Rutland
    Oakham
    Phill B
    years summer school
  13. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

Ah, but at least you'll be able to give all of them the benefit of your superior playing instead of only one band!

14. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Brass band summer school

Claire!! i can not manage on my own , we need a two pronged attack:-?

15. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Does this mean I get promotion this year, and gain my full S.P.A.S membership???

16. NeilW

NeilW Member

When is it?

I might be excused for a few days in the summer if I'm lucky....
    (if not too many of you put in a bad word for me ;) )

(electronic details welcome if they exist)

Neil.

17. englishgill

englishgill Member

Sunday August 12th (arriving by 5pm I think) til Sat18th - concert friday evening and party. Saturday you just have breakfast and leave!

Other details from Philip Biggs - anyone got his e-mail address??

18. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Hey Y'all, I must apologise for not making it the last time round, I foolishly thought that I should stay home and be with my girlfriend, but later she dumped me :mad: I shall try this time round, but may have to give it a pass due to finances

HB
    Anthony
    Trombone

19. grahammck

grahammck Member

Well, I sent my deposit off last week so I'll be going. Plus I'll have 7 months or so to prepare something for the solos concert (assuming that'll be running again of course).

20. Steve, with you and Redhead on sop, we had all better wear ear defenders!!! Perhaps I'll just smash the tamtam to overide you both:)

21. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

A tamtam will never drown us out - ever!!! :biggrin:

22. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Brass band Summer school

I take that as a slur on our playing, of quiet subtle and harmonious music, am thinking of having sop adapted with a ten inch bell (that is 250mm in new money) and calling it a sopophonium, for extra volume and resonance