Brass Band Pieces Archive

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by B(r)assBone, Jul 30, 2011.

1. B(r)assBone

B(r)assBone Member

Hi,

is there an Archive of Brass Band Pieces, including composer/arranger with a Rating and where the corresponding piece can be ordered?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Archive
    Brass Band Pieces
    piece
    Rating
    Brass Band Pieces Archive
  3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I'm not entirely sure that what you're looking for exists in one place.

There is a brass band music search facility here which can help to locate specific music and from where it can be purchased. There is also the Brass Band Archive which collects and stores music etc, but I don't know if it can be purchased from them.

I'm not aware of anyone who has graded every single piece, but some retailers/publishers do include a description of the difficulty of a piece on their listings.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  4. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

5. B(r)assBone

B(r)assBone Member

This search platform seems to be a good place! Thanks!

What am looking for is a place, where I can look on all the pieces from Philip Sparke for instance and see all his power pieces with a rating. There might be different rating, like "100 people rated this piece with 5 Start, 5 with 4 Stars" and so on. Other ratings might be how difficult this piece is, for instance category 5 from 6 difficulty point.

You might be right, that this doesn't exist, but maybe somebody came across something like that and might share...

6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Try this: http://brassbandresults.co.uk/composers/philip-sparke/

Clicking on any individual piece name shows you a list of where that piece has been used as a set- or own-choice - the database of contests is quite large. This gives you quite a good idea of the level that a given piece is suited to.

7. B(r)assBone

B(r)assBone Member

Wow, that's a great link! Thanks for sharing!

8. MoominDave

Feel free to add your band to the map...

9. B(r)assBone

B(r)assBone Member

Are you also interested in listing of Bands outside the UK?

10. MoominDave

The site already has many non-UK bands - add away...