Brass band music to use with Pipe Bands

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Euphjam, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Euphjam

Euphjam Member

Every year, our band plays a selection of pipe's 'n' brass music with two local pipe bands (for our local gala). We have been playing the same old stuff for years :frown: - Highland Cathedral, Amazing Grace, Barron Rocks, Highland Laddie, etc, etc. Has anybody got anything different to what we've got or know of anywhere we can get scores. We've tried army bands and Edinburgh Tattoo but no-one wants to share. Does anyone else play with pipes? Have you got music we haven't - vice versa? It'll be good to hear from someone.
  2. bbg

bbg Member

Does your "etc etc" include "Mull of Kintyre"? We resurrected this a year or two back for our resident piper - the band parts change key a couple of times ,which doesn't suit the pipes, but a wee bit of cut'n'pasting (or transposition from the band?!) and an acceptable arrangement can be got.

Another tune that comes to mind is "Scotch on the Rocks" - last played that with my school band a long time ago, so sadly haven't a clue who published it / even if it is still available.
  3. Aurora771

Aurora771 Member

Dang Nabbit, I was going to suggest Scotch on the Rocks. Played it at school aswell. That and Highland Cathedral were on a rotation haha.
  4. ydna36

ydna36 Member

The Gael

I used to play that with Arbroath Instrumental, and it worked well
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.