Brass Band Lookylikeys

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Falstaff, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff New Member

Having just caught up on my weekend videoing, I've just realised some astonishing likenesses to banding personalities. I'd be interested to see if anyone agrees?!

1. Jimmy Carr (comedian) ---- Mike Fowles (conductor BT and others) [no disrespect meant as have played under Mike at Point of Ayr and BT] Same looks and mannerisms?

2. Griff Rhys Jones (actor) ---- Brian Grant

3. The Major - Fawlty Towers ---- Major Peter Parkes (despite the obvious name link)

Won't count this one but my mum thinks John Doyle used to look like David hirst!!

Feel free to stretch this thread!!
  2. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

dear mr falstaff,

i had to laugh at your message tonight, don't know why-never heard of any of the people you mentioned......

but the fact is your right! i'm sure you'd all agree with me that the chap that plays top solo baritone at brighouse and rastrick band, looks just like norman who serves in the bakery down the road.

how me and ada laughed.

uncle eric
  3. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Paul Andrews -MD Wire Brass

Looks like...........................was his name peter simon who used to be on the saturday morning shows with the gunge tanks? sure i was! But Peter had a bit more

Sorry Paul, we love you without hair really!
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Jeremy Spake and Glynn Williams.

Look here.

There's a thread full of them here
  5. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

I wonder if any of your readers have noticed the uncanny resemblance between Mr Howard Snell, the celebrated Labour party parliamentarian, and Mr Gerald Kaufman, who notched up several contest wins with the famous Desford Colliery Band?

Yours sincerely

Ena B Yelland
  6. Falstaff

Falstaff New Member

Yes, have to agree with that one! That's why he grew the beard, must be?

The Glyn one has been done before in a near fight status situation at Pontins, but that was by a fool and when Glyn was a bigger lad!
  7. UncleStreaky

UncleStreaky Member

We have a couple of celebs in disguise in our band. You wouldn't recognise them to look at, but their registration cards clearly say John Barry and David Cassady.
  8. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I hadn't noticed, but now you say it Mark....and my mum agrees too! I'll have to remember to mention it at band tomorrow! :D