Brass Band Google Map?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brownrob, Mar 2, 2009.

1. brownrob

brownrob Member

I dont know if this is the right section to post this...

but I was looking to make some sort of permanent "google map" online where the general public could post a marker to where their band or local bands play. You could put your marker down on the site and post your bands link etc and would be helpful to all the uni folk who are going to timbucktoo and wonder if there may be a band there! :cool: Somewhere that you could colour code for contesting or non contesting etc

Does anyone know what sites could be used and Ill endeavour to get my own local bands posted?

Ta!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Google
    Map
    Brass Band Google Map
    local bands play
    bands link
  3. Hi Rob,

I have recently setup the website www.brassbandwiki.com and within this there is the ability to find bands via postcode and there is also a map of bands that have so far signed themselves up to the site

The Map can be found here and the bands by postcode can be found here.

This only includes bands that are on the site itself, hopefully within time there will be bands included in most postcodes as well as other parts of the world.

Graham

4. brownrob

brownrob Member

Brill, a very quick reply!

So can I add in local bands here in NI to me or do they have to add them themselves?

5. In theory, anyone can add any band onto the site. The whole reason for me setting the site up was so that bands people can create and upload information for all to share.

By all means, sign up and edit away.

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

7. stuartw

stuartw Member

8. Ali.Syme

Ali.Syme Member

Fantastic idea! This site has quite a comprehensive directory sorted geographically - www.ibew.co.uk

Let me know how you get on and if you need help just ask!