Brass Band Equipment in London

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Despot, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Despot

Despot Member

I'm making a trip to London next week, and I was wondering if the are shops that carry a good stock of anything from cornet mouthpieces to band music, anywhere a brass band anorack might feel at home? (Not for me you's for my brother who's coming with me! :) )
  2. Active Member

Coming to London

You might have to visit a few places to get everything you need.

For starters, I would suggest Phil Parker Limited.
    They are likely to have all you need as far as cornet mouthpieces are concerned, all the usual makes plus a few you might not have heard of!
    Might be worth a phone call if you need anything specific though.
    They'll also have valve oil, mutes and gig bags etc.
    I know they stock sheet music but I don't think any of it is brass band stuff so, again, why not give them a call.
    They are at 106a Crawford Street, London, W1H 2HZ. Tel; 020 7486 8206.
    It's about 3 minutes walk from Baker Street tube station.

For Salvation Army band and solo music then, of course, come to us, Salvationist Publishing & Supplies, 1 Tiverton Street, London SE1 6NT.
    We are a 2 minute walk from Elephant & Castle station.
    We also have our full range of brass band and related CD's on permanent display, a choice of well over 400 CD's in all.
    Again, give us a call if you are looking for anything specific and we'll advise you if we have it or not.
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

If its anorak heaven you want, then Phil Parkers is definitely the place. I've found them to be really friendly, know their stuff, and they didn't mind my husband spending 3 hours trying out every single cornet and mouthpiece in the place when they wanted to sneak off and watch the fa cup final!!!
    SP&S is always worth a look too, especially for a rummage through the reduced price music - we've found some real gems there.