Brass Band Concert for Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by HANNAH, Sep 1, 2005.

1. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Dear all,

As many of you know I spent all of last year in Mississippi which is one of the areas badly affected by Hurricane Katrina. I wish I could be with my friends at this time, but all I can do at this stage is contribute to the Hurricane Relief Fund that has been set up in conjunction with the Red Cross. A huge number of my closest friends and their families have been very badly affected by this natural disaster, their homes have been flooded and they are left with nothing. You must all have seen the horrific pictures on the news now I ask that you volunteer to help.

My plan at this stage is to organise a brass band concert where all proceeds will go directly to Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The date of this concert has been set as Saturday 15th October and will be held at All Saints and St. Margaret's Church Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk.

I would be extremely grateful if as many of you as possible would agree to play at this event. Ideally it would be fantastic if I end up with far too many players for a brass band, in which case it will turn into a 'massed band' concert. Please forward the details of this email to all brass players you know within East Anglia, it would mean a lot to me if this turned out to be a hugely successful event.

Please contact me for further details by email or phone at home on 01502 563356 or mobile 07738 090556. Alternatively contact me at 76 All Saints Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0JN.

I ask that you can all let me know as soon as possible if you will be able to play at this event or help out in anyway

Thank you very very much in advance

Hannah Cook

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Hi Hannah - I've moved your thread to the 'Rehearsal Room' as it may get a better response there. I've also made it a 'sticky' to give it even more prominence.

All the best with the venture.

3. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

Just a thought, but could we not make this an official tMP event, it would raise money for a very worthwhile cause and could end up being fantastic publicity as well. Surely we can get a tMP band together for this.

4. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

thanks. Its certainly worth looking into. I will see how many responses I get on here to it and progress from there.

5. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

I'll volunteer my services on Euph/Bari, I'll also volunteer to take a carful of tMPers down to Suffolk to reduce fuel costs!

6. concert

i'll offer percussion or cornet, from yorkshire could do with a lift, might be able to persuade more when a date is announced

let me know

Rob

7. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

I Would Appreciate You Opening Another Thread And Discussing Your Reactions To The Hurricane.
    Please Keep This Thread Solely For Those Offering To Help.

Edit: I've split the thread, and the discussion on the hurricane itself can be found here:http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16087

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Isn't this the weekend of teh Nationals? (Not to put a downer on it!)

9. Moy

Moy Active Member

Good luck.
    I wish I was nearer Suffolk - would have taken part.

10. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

yeah its the same weekend as the finals. Sorry about that. But it was the only weekend I could get the venue and guarantee players from local bands could make it due to concert committments. Thank you for the support offered so far. I currently have 15 players able to play. Hopefully many more will sign up in the next month or so.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund Dear
    brass band concert
    Hurricane Relief Fund
    Mississippi
    brass players
  12. amgray

amgray Member

I'll be there on trombone - any other trombonists?

13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Obvioulsy not mate! I shall see you there!

14. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Yeah other trombone players are:

Steve Andrews (Cawston)
    Tony Grover (Fakenham)
    Amanda Sayer (Fakenham)
    Vikki Wakefield (Fakenham)
    Geoff Bishop (Norfolk Wherry)

Bass Trom:
    Carl Harrison (Yarmouth)
    Bob Huxtable (Norfolk Wherry)

15. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Soprano and Percussion Desperately Needed!!!!!

I have a band of around 50 for this concert but I still need a soprano player and atleast one percussionist! If anyone can help me out please pm me.

Thanks