Brass Band Camps/Schools

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ryan06, May 6, 2009.

1. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

Hey there everyone, how is everyone doing?

Are there any brass band camps/schools out there that are 1-3 months or something like that?

I attend the Salvation Army National Music Camp of Canada every summer (ages 18-30) and its amazing getting great instruction from the Canadian Staff Band members.You have Instrumental class and full band rehearsals with a huge concert at the end of the week. Its a great time but only a week long (I wish it was alot longer) so I was wondering if there are any camps/schools that just focus on the brass banding for a longer period of time? Im looking to get out there and get a new experience. I have alot of money saved so Im willing to travel

I really want to improve my level of playing to the professional levels. There's basically no chance I'll be in the Black dyke band but I still want my level of playing up there and to make any band I play with that much better. I practice 2 hours everyday...lots of Arbans excercises and Roger Webster (Preparation,Practice,Performance) studies.

If anyone has any information on brass band schools and such, please let me know! thanks!

2. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Before I moved to Australia I played in a similar Music camp in the UK. The National School of Music In Cobham .
    Norman Bearcroft was MD when I was there in 1985.
    These camps realy do help our talent and I often wish I could attend more myself but am now a little past the age of Music camps.
    good luck with your endevour.