Brass Band Associations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Tara, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Tara

Tara New Member

Can anyone tell me how members of local associations actually become members? Are they nominated? Voted in? if so by whom? (i.e. chairman, secretary ...) :?: :? :?
  2. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I dunno, but I just wanted to say oove the avatar!(sorry thats completely no help!)
  3. Soppy

Soppy Member

I don't know if this is standard, but round here each band has to nominate 2 people to go to the meeting of the association. How each band decides which two is up to them. Best to get in touch with your local association's secretary and ask.
  4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

They are normally the poor s*ds who bother to turn up to the meetings!!!

All member bands will be notified of when meetings take place and invited to send representatives. Officials will be elected at the AGM from those nominated by bands, or most likely, from those present at the meeting.

In my experience bands are not consistently good at sending reps to Association meetings; this is often - but not always - reflected in the quality of provision an Association can provide.

5. Di

Di Active Member

Are you asking how to get on to an association committee or how to get your band to become a member of an association? If it is the latter, then contacting the required association secretary and paying an annual membership fee is normally all that is required.
  6. richard rich

richard rich New Member

Very true. Member bands really ought to bother turning up to meetings to improve the service associations can provide.
    The more input bands have to meetings, the more they can get out.