Brass at Symphony Hall, Pt 2: 1pm Wednesday 18.6.03, Radio 3

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by PeterBale, Jun 17, 2003.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The second broadcast from last year's Brass at Symphony Hall is on Wednesday at 1pm, Radio 3. The programme is as follows:

Rimmer: The Cossack
    Vaughan Williams: Variations
    (both Grimethorpe)
    Hartmann, arr Gay: Fatherland (Roger Webster & Black Dyke)
    Grieg, arr Ryan: Last Spring (Cory)
    McCabe: The Maunsell Forts (Fodens - 2nd placed performance)
    Brahms, arr Wright: Academic Festival Overture (Black Dyke)

The Vaughan Williams came across very well, and the arrangement of the Academic Festival Overture had been revised, but I can't be certain who by - I think Arthur Butterworth).
  2. blondie

blondie Member

Peter can I get to listen to this anywhere else, got delayed from going on my dinner yesterday and got in the car on the last chord :evil: :evil: Not a very happy bunny!!!!1
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was available via the net from the BBC web site but when I had a look just now it doesn't seem to be listed under the Programmes on Demand section.
  4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Thanks for reminding us about this, Peter. I caught the programme and enjoyed it all, particularly hearing Maunsell Forts, which seemed a far better piece for not being repeated 20 times! Seriously, I did enjoy hearing it much more than I did in Birmingham last September and felt it stood up very well as a piece of music, even in such good company.